70

[ SERPENT QUEEN ]

word count: 656not edited !

word count: 656
not edited !

"Think you'll eke it out, Arch?" Jade asked as she walked up her boyfriend in the school gymnasium, where they were having the student president and mayoral election votes. 

"Uh, to be honest, J.. mine's not the election I'm worried about." The ginger said then looked over to his father.

"In the meantime, Betty is voting for you through Jughead by proxy." Jade said.

"How's she doing?" He asked and put his hand around her waist.

"You know, I think she's going to be okay."

A lot of students sat in the student lounge, waiting for the student council president vote results to be released.

"Attention, Riverdale High students." Mr. Weatherbee said over the PA. "The results of your student council president election are in." Archie and Jade stood up and waited for him to finish. "Your new student body president.. Archie Andrews." Everyone started cheering, Archie pecking Jade on the lips. "In unrelated news, for the foreseeable future, all former Southside High students will remain at Riverdale High. That is all." Everyone started cheering again, congratulating both Archie and the former Southside students.

All the serpents gathered along Sweet Water River. Fp stood up on the little dock the river held and whistled, "Listen up now. Hey, listen up!" Everyone looked him and he started talking again, "Some 60 years ago, the very first serpent meeting took place on these same riverbanks. And it makes sense that this is where we gather now, where I.. where I say my goodbye. Jade, would you stand up here?" Jade looked at her brother, then got up and walked up to her father.

Fp put his arm around her as she whispered to him, "Dad, what are you doing?"

"What I should've done a long time ago." He said to her, then addressed all the serpents. "I'm retiring from the serpents. For real this time." Everyone started talking amongst themselves, but Fp raised up his hand, "Whoa. But, my girl.. my girl has never stopped fighting for this crew. Hell, she's almost died for it on numerous occasions." He then friend to his daughter, "That's why I'm giving you the mantle." Everyone started clapping and cheering. Jade looked across her family with a big smile. "And now, as your first official duty as Serpent Queen.." Fp reaches our his hand and Toni pulled a red serpent jacket out of a duffle bag, handing it to Fp. "I think you know what to do with this.." He said to her, "Take it."

Jade took the jacket from her father and everyone started cheering again.

"Alright, alright." She spoke. "All I can say is.. I love you, dad. And the serpents will not die out. Not on my watch." Everyone cheered again as she held our her hand, signaling for Cheryl Blossom to come over.

Cheryl handed her jacket to Toni and walked over to the brunette, and happily took her red serpent jacket.

It was later in the night, and Jade had slipped off from the party for her at the Wyrm to go over to Archie's to see if Fred won the mayoral election.

The phone started ringing and everyone looked over to Fred, who answered it. "Well, um.. I appreciate it. Thanks." He said before hanging up the phone. Fred turned around and sighed, "Hermione won.."

"I'm sorry, dad." Archie said, right before there was a knock at the door. Fred went over to answer it and Archie followed him, "Dad."

"Hello, Fred." Hermione said after Fred opened the door, to reveal the Lodge. "May I come in?"

"Was it close at least?" Fred asked.

"Very. Less than 200 votes." Hermione said.

"So, what, you came to gloat?" Sierra McCoy asked.

"No, Sierra." Hermione said, "I came to tell Fred that he ran a great campaign." She reached our her hand, Fred waited a few moments before shaking it and everyone clapped at the gesture.