20

[ DEAL ]

word count, 500

word count, 500

"I came as soon as I could, what did you all need?" Jade asked the two girls sitting in the booth at Pop's. Betty scooted over to make room for her, and the brunette sat down.

"The Black Hood, he asked me to find out who the Sugar Man is.. would you happen to know who he is?"

"Is this another one of his missions?" Jade asked and Betty slowly nodded. "I don't know who he is myself. But, I know some people that might. I'll ask around."

"Thank you so much, Jade." Betty said.

"It's no problem."

"We want to challenge you to a race." Jade spoke, the two younger boys behind her. "If we win.. serpent's remain autonomous and you quit dealing at Southside High."

Malachi scoffed, "And if we win."

"We fold, and you can continue polluting the southside with your little straws of death."

"So, the mighty Serpent Princess has some stones, but not much else." Malachi spoke, "So, unless Your Highness wants to put some of daddy's territory out on the table.. I got no reason to agree to this race."

"They were following me, tried to get in the garage." Another Ghoulie said coming into the room, two girls following him.

"Veronica?"

"Betty?"

"Archie?"

"Jade?"

"Jughead?"

"What are you doing here?" The five all said at once.

"Wait, so these are your bitches?" Malachi yelled.

"I beg your misogynistic pardon?" Veronica said, but Malachi ignored her.

"Why don't you take your skanks and get the hell out of here. Until you make me a better offer, there'll be no race."

"If you win, we'll give you the Whyte Wyrm. You can expand your drug-dealing horizons and upgrade out of this literal hell hole." Jade offered.

"We'll take the wyrm.." Malachi spoke, "and Sunnyside Trailer Park."

"Deal."

"God bless Reggie Mantle and his inferiority complex. His car's a lot like him, it's beautiful to look at, but not much goin' on under the hood.." Betty said as her and Jade fixed up a car, Jughead there to hand the tools. "Um, crescent wrench.. please."

"Thank you." She said as Jughead handed her the tool." This is what serpents do for fun, huh? Street race rival gangs?"

"Just go ahead and say it, Betty." Jughead said, Jade mentally prepared herself for being in the middle of their two fight that was about to happen.

"You said you weren't going to join them, Jug."

"And you said you loved me, and then you dumped me.. via Archie. Which, by the way, way worse then via text."

"I'm sorry, Jughead." Betty sighed, "It won't make any sense. But, everything around us was imploding and I did it to protect you."

"Betty, you did the one thing that could actually hurt me."

"I will explain everything to you, Jug. I will." Betty said as tears threatened to spill out of her eyes, "But, right now I just wanna get you all through this race."