45

[ MOSTLY MADE UP STORY ]

word count: 688not edited

word count: 688
not edited

"What the hell are you doing?" Jade said, peering over the end of her bed at her ginger boyfriend.

"I'm just getting my daily workout in." Archie said.

"Well.." Jade said as Archie climbed into the bed. "There are other ways to do that.."

"I'm actually kind of tired, Jade."

"You're kidding, right?" Jade said right before they heard a bed frame squeaking. "Oh, my god.." Jade said before turning over. "That's my little brother." She whined as she pulled the duvet over her. A few moments later she felt Archie's arm snake around her waist before drifting off into sleep.

Archie and Jughead sat in the woods, the girls out in town.

"Jug, about me kissing Betty..." Archie started, "There's really no good excuse.. I'm sorry."

"That's okay.. admittedly this is all way more complicated than any of us could have planned."

"What is?"

"Take you and me for example.. I'm your best guy friend right, and Betty is your best girl friend. So, your best friends are dating. And, B and V are also best friends. So your best friends girlfriend who is also your ex girlfriends best friend. Jade is my sister, and your girlfriend. You're dating your best friend's sister who is also your ex girlfriend's best friend and your best girl friend's best friend. You understand what I'm trying to say?"

"Uh, no, not really."

"It should be amazing that we're all so close. Sometime it terrifies me. It's like the five of us are in a powder keg. All it would take is one match, and we'd all blow up."

"So, Betty.." Veronica said, as she looked at some things on a shelf in a little store. "Unless that was some seriously aggressive hand-holding I heard through the walls last night... when did that start?"

"The night of your confirmation." Betty answered as blush crept onto her cheeks.

"Really?" Veronica asked as they walked up to the counter. Jade wanting to vomit because they were currently talking about her brother's sex life.

"Mhmm."

"Well, as my abuelita likes to say, praise Jesus." She said, then turned to the cashier. "Hi, I'd like this.. and this.. and, of the last time I was here you had the most scrumptious scones."

"Yeah. Yeah, my grandma makes 'em, but just during the summer for the summer people."

"Oh, that's when we normally come up."

"Thought I recognized you." The blonde guy behind the counter said, "You own one of those places on Shadow Lake, right? But, you're usually with your folks.."

"Stalker alert.." Jade whispered making Betty elbow her in the side.

"Yeah, they're back in.. um.. I was about to say New York, but we're in Riverdale now." Veronica said to the guy.

"That hick town? Bet they don't even know what to do with you there."

"No, they do not." Veronica said, "What's your name handsome?"

"Okay, that's enough flirting for today.." Betty said, stopping Veronica.

"I'm Cassidy." The guy said before the three left the store.

"So, how's it been? You know, with you and Jughead?" Veronica asked once they were out of the store.

"Oh. Things have been nice."

"Nice?" Veronica repeated. "Nice is not what I heard last night."

"Okay, well, you know what I wore that night we got chuck into that hot tub?"

"Betty, what?" Betty giggled at Veronica's words.

"Okay, can we please stop talking about your and my brother's sex life?"

"Okay, how are your and Archie's sex life?" Veronica jokingly teased.

"This is not what I meant we do instead."

"Wait? What? I think I'm missing something here." Betty said, "You and Archie? When did that happen? And why didn't I know?"

"I thought Jughead would blabbered or you would've figured it out, Nancy Drew." Jade said.

"Okay, I feel like I've failed at my detective work now." Betty sarcastically said. "But, really.. when and how?"

Jade then explained the mostly made up story of how her and Archie started talking, then how it developed into a relationship. Because, if they knew the truth.. they'd both hate her and Archie.