57

[ YOU THINK YOU TWO CAN TAKE ALL OF US ]

word count: 855
not edited

"Sulk all you want, Betty." Alice said while washing some dishes.

"I'm not. I was actually gonna see if you would sign something for me." The younger Cooper said to her mother. "A consent form."

"What, are you trying to get emancipated now? Just because I made you move back home?"

"It's so I could get a tattoo." Betty sat the paper on the table, "A serpent tattoo."

"You have lousy timing, kiddo."

"Act normal, right? Life goes on doesn't it?"

"You are not getting a tattoo just to prove something to your boyfriend. Absolutely not!"

"I'm practically a member of the serpents."

"Do not say that!"

"Well, do not think that I won't find a tattoo parlor that will do it."

The door opened, "Mom? Betty? I was trying to help.." they heard the voice of Chic.

The girl scoffed, "You must be Alice and you must be Betty. Hi, I'm Darla."

"Honestly, I'm not surprised that dead beat Dwayne borrowed my car without asking." The girl scoffed, "He does it all the time. What did surprise me was the car turning up in a swamp in Riverdale. And then, just as I was getting ready to head back to Centerville, Chic called me."

"Why would you do that?" Betty asked softly.

"He thought he could sniff out how much I knew." Darla said, "Isn't that right Chic-a-dee? But there's no playing a player, I saw right through him." The girl scoffed again, "It's okay, Dwayne was a heel. I wouldn't be surprised if he stole my car to pick up some floozy only to get himself killed but, like I told Chic... I don't particularly care what happens to Dwayne. I don't see any reason to ask any questions about him. Especially it if I get the ten grand he owes me. I get that, I'm a happy camper who'll be out of your lives forever and ever, Amen. If not... well, then.. I might just have to have a talk with that handsome Sheriff of yours."

"We have nothing to do with—" Betty started but was cut off by her mother.

"We don't have that kind of money on hand. But, if we get the money for you, we're fine here, right? You'll leave, no questions asked?"

"Zip my mouth and throw away the key."

"Okay. We'll go to the bank and make a withdrawal." Alice said.

"Nah, uh-uh." Darla said, "One of you goes."

"Betty then. Betty will go."

"Mom, the banks not open until 9:00 tomorrow morning." Betty said.

"I don't mind waiting. Got any board games?"

"It's our joint account, so you shouldn't have any trouble." Alice said to her youngest daughter.

"Okay."

"Hey." Darla said getting up and grabbing Betty's arm. "Straight to the bank and right back, blondie."

"Hey, mom, I'm just about to head out." Betty said once she answered her mom's calls at the bank.

"No, Elizabeth, there's another one in the house now." Alice said.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"The guy that attacked Chic at the hospital, that manager?"

"Oh my god.. should I call someone?"

"I don't.. I don't know." Alice said, "Just, Elizabeth, whatever you do, do not come home."

A few moments later Alice hung up and Betty sprung an idea..

"Why did you come back, Betty?" Alice whispered to the girl.

"You know, it took more than a week to get that pepper spray out of my eyes." The guy said.

"Well, next time maybe, don't attack my brother with a box-cutter." Betty remarked.

"It's all here. Nice work." Darla said.

"Okay, well, you have your money. Now, go." Alice said to the two strangers.

"What're you talking about? I just got here." The guy said.

"Yeah, and Riverdale's so much nicer than Centerville." Darla said, "And this house, I could get used to this house."

"You said if we gave you the money, you'd leave." Chic said standing up.

"Or what? You think you three can take us?" Darla questioned.

"Sir your ass down, Chic." The guy spoke getting out a box cutter, "Or I'll cut out your sister's eyes."

Then, as if on cue, the door broke open revealing Jughead, Jade and the other younger Southside Serpents. They all flipped out their switchblades right before Betty spoke.

"You think you two can take all of us?" Darla scoffed at the sight. "Try it."

"You brought back up? Does that mean you want me to go to the Sherrif and start making a stink?" Darla said.

"Well, that's your call but, my back-up and me are friends with the Sheriff's son, so whose side do you think he'll pick?"

"The Coopers are one of the most respected families in Riverdale. You two are just some Centerville scumbags."

"Anything that was in your car at the swamp washed away, else we would've heard about it by now, so why don't you just grab the money and run."

They got up and went outside, the serpents following them to make sure they left completely.