28

[ LOVE ]

"Ronnie," Archie said as he finally stopped her

"Archie, I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry."

"Ronnie, wait."

"Archie, this is moving to fast. I can't do this, and I'm sorry but I don't love you the way you want me to." She said as she took her coat from him and got in the car, leaving Archie alone.

"Hey." Betty said as Jughead walked up to her, "What's wrong? Was it the dance?"

"It's everything. And yeah, why would you do that?"

"I wanted to be a part of this. The serpents, your world."

"Why? Archie knew to cut bait." Jughead said, "And now I'm dragging you down. I'm dragging my dad down. Hell, I'm even dragging Jade down too."

"Jug, he's still figuring it out. Jade, she loves the serpents, Jug, more than you do." Betty sighed, "And, it's going to be okay. We'll figure out what we have to do, together."

"No, Betty.. mmm, mmm." Jughead shook his head, "Not together.. Betty, if you stay, I don't know if I can protect you anymore. You might get.. you probably will get hurt. I can't let that happen to you."

"That's not your decision to make.."

"Actually, yeah, it is."

"How many times, Jug?" Betty asked, "How many times are we going to push each other away?"

"Until it sticks." Jughead said, "I was my dad's one chance at going straight and I wrecked it. I'm not going to destroy you too."

"Just tell me what happened, Jug." Jughead turned around to walk away but Betty grabbed him and turned him back around. "Tell me." Tears threatened to spill out of her eyes as she put her hands on the boy's face.

"Please, go home."

As Jughead walked away, Jade ran over but Jughead stopped her from going to her friend.

"Jade—"

"You might be an asshole to your friends, but I'm not." Jade said as she pushed his hand off of her.

"Betty." She said as tears fell down the girl's face. "Hey, it's going to be okay." Jade pulled her best friend into a hug as she cried on her shoulder.

"You need a ride home?"

"If you don't mind.."

"You sure you're going to be alright?"

"Yeah, I just want some time alone.."

"If you need anything just text me, okay?"

"Thanks, J." Betty said as she walked up the concrete path to her front door.

Jade felt her phone buzz in her pocket and got it out, seeing a text from Archie, asking her if that was her outside Betty's.

"Hi." Archie said opening the door and letting Jade in.

"Hey." She said, "I gave Betty a ride home, her and Jughead broke up.."

"Really?" Archie asked, "Thats kind of weird.. because, Veronica and I broke up too.."

He connected their lips, but she pushed him away. "Archie, what are we doing? What is this? I'm not down for being a rebound for you to just throw away when you're down with me."

"Jade,"

"I didn't realize it before but, I as so caught up in it before.. but, we're polar opposites, Arch." She sighed, "I'm from the southside, and you're from the north. You're a Bulldog, and I'm a Southside Serpent. The Bulldogs and Serpents are, like, enemies.."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"Archie, I'm not one of your vanity fairs, or disposable arm candies, o-or—"

"Jade, your none of those things." Archie said and put his hands on the sides of her face, but she pushed them away.

"Until your sick of me? Until Veronica says she wants to be together again?"

"Jade," Archie says, "I'm in love with you."

"You what?"