53

[ TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE ]

word count: 1006not edited

word count: 1006
not edited

Archie Andrews opened the door to his home, seeing someone he didn't expect to see.

"Mom?"

"Archie!" She brings her son into an embrace, "Hi, how are you?"

"I had no idea you were coming."

"I've missed you." She says before walking toward the kitchen, his father then walking inside with her suite cases.

"All this contract stuff with the Lodges.. time to call in the big guns." Fred said to his son.

"I wish you'd called me in earlier, Fred, before you gave the Lodges 20% of Andrews Construction."

"Mr. Lodge said he's work this out, didn't he?" Archie said.

Fred scoffed, "Yeah, son.. your mother and I have known the Lodges a lot longer than you have."

"Meaning what, Dad?"

"Archie!"

"It's okay, I better get to school anyway." Archie said, "We're helping Veronica with her campaign. Are we still on for lunch, mom?"

"This isn't a demolition notice. It's a notice of extermination." Jughead said standing in the front of the History room as a Swords and Serpents meeting took place.

"We've already said our goodbyes to Southside High, Jughead." Toni said.

"Today, it's Southside High. Tomorrow, it's the Wyrm. Everything that makes the Southside home is gonna disappear." Jughead said, "If we roll over now, it's all over."

"It's just a building, Jug." Jade said.

"Siding with the northsiders?" Sweet Pea said, right before a book flew beside his head, barely missing him.. thrown by yours truly, Jade Jones.

"No, Jade. It's the soul of the southside." Jughead said, ignoring Sweet Pea and her throwing a book at the guy. "The Uktena fought and died trying to protect that land. Our parents fought to keep it safe during the riots. Now it's our turn. It's our time. This is our fight. So, who's with me? Who's ready to go to war?"