15

[ OLD BEST FRIEND ]

word count, 326

Betty heard a knock on her front door after another call from the Black Hood. She wiped the tears off her cheeks and walked downstairs. She opened the door and there stood her old best friend, Jade Jones.

"Archie got a hold of me and told me what you said to Veronica, what's wrong B?" She said and Betty let her inside before pulling her into a tight hug. Jade was shocked at first, but hugged her back anyway.

Betty let out a muffled sob and Jade rubbed her back, "Hey, it's okay. It's going to be okay.. I promise."

Betty and Jade now were now in Betty's room. "I.. Ive been getting calls from the Black Hood. He said to cut Veronica out of my life, or he would.." Betty wiped a tear off her cheek as she didn't look up from her lap. "Before you got here, he called me again. He said the same thing.. just with Jughead."

"Oh, my god.." Jade said, letting out a breathe as she pulled Betty into a hug. "Hey, don't worry about. What ever happens, Jughead will understand. He's not that stupid, sometimes." Jade sighed as Betty cried on her shoulder. "He loves you, Betty, I know he does. I've never seen him with anyone the way he is with you. Ever since you two got together, it's like he's a different person. He smiles more and isn't the shy boy that got stepped on all the time. I'm really thankful you two got together, I used to always worry about him. Now, I don't have to like I used to."

"Thank you, J. I really needed that right now.." Betty spoke as the pulled away from the hug. "I'm going to ask Archie to tell him something, not that harsh.. just something that will keep Jug away for a while until I think it's safe to tell him the truth."