61

[ A COUPLE DUDES WITH SLICKED BACK HAIR ]

word count: 703
not edited !

"Nick, you don't understand, you have to let me go." Archie said. "Right now, there's a killer on the loose. The Black Hood, you heard about him."

"I thought he was dead.." Nick said.

"He may not be.. and, Nick, my dad.. he may be in danger."

"Sucks to be your dad."

"You bastard." Archie said, "You're seriously doing this because I punched you?"

"You, Veronica, The Pussycats.. my father is this close to disowning me!" Nick said, "He says I'm an embarrassment, that I'll never have the guts to be in the family business. Well, you're gonna help me prove him wrong. I'm gonna make my bones with you, Andrews."

"Veronica." Nick said as he sat down in a the seat across from the dark haired girl, "You look lovely."

"Before we do anything, I need proof that Archie's okay." Veronica said. Nick took out his phone and showed the girl a picture of the ginger.

"Archie, oh my god." Nick quickly took the phone away from her. "Where is he, you barbarian?"

"First, the money." Veronica handed the bag over to the boy, making him scoff.

"There's no way this is all of it."

"Let Archie go and I will get you the rest, Nick."

"How? How are you going to come up with that kind of cash, Veronica, if not from your parents?" The girl sighed, and the boy continued, "Unless, you give me something else.."

"Dare I ask what?"

"How about... what we started in New York? What we should've finished back at the five seasons? What I'm owed.. a night together. I'll book my usual suite."

"My god, Nick. You're a reptile." She scoffed. "Even if I... did agree.. what guarantees do I have bat you'll let Archie go?"

"Why, my word as a gentleman, of course."

"You like dirty movies, Archie?" Nick asked, sitting on the desk in front of the beaten up red head.

"What the hell are you talking about?

"When I turn this laptop on, it's going to have a live-feed of my suite at the Five Seasons. Where Veronica and I will be having a little.. date."

"Why are you doing this? Veronica and I aren't even together."

"Whatever are you talking about, Archibald?"

"Veronica and I broke up months ago."

"Why did my assistants see you with someone that looked like Veronica?"

"That wasn't Veronica, that was my.. girlfriend."

"Oh.. well, why don't you just tell me her name and.."

"I would never do that."

After about an hour of Nick trying to get her name out of Archie, it was useless. Archie wouldn't let them hurt Jade, ever. Nick had left to go on his date with Veronica.

"Archie." He heard the voice of a certain brunette girl say. He looked up, as did the other guy there.

"Who are you?" The guy asked.

"You're worst nightmare if you don't sit the hell down." She said and flipped out her switchblade, the guy not daring to move.

She walked over to the little desk that they had set up and grabbed the keys to the handcuffs before walking over to Archie.

"Why'd you come?" Archie whispered to her as he rubbed his wrists after she got his restraints off.

"I've done worse Archie, I could've took a couple dudes with slicked back hair." She laughed.

Jade and Archie sat in his room while she aided his wounds. When she looked down at the first aid box, Archie started speaking.

"I miss this.. well, not me being beaten up.. but, you know.. us hanging out. I wish we still hung out... I know we broke up, and people that broke up usually don't hang out or talk after they've broken up.. but, I miss just having you around. You're funny and can brighten anyone's mood, and lately the town has just been really depressing with everything going on. I know your don't want to be more than friends, and I respect that.. I would like to at least talk every now and then.. we didn't have date again, we could just be friends—" Jade cut off his rambling by leaning in and kissing him.