64

[ FALLEN SOLDIER ]

word count: 720not edited !

word count: 720
not edited !

"Help us! We need a doctor!" Fp Jones yelled as him and Jade helped Fangs into the hospital while Jughead ran ahead of them.

"Ma'am." Jughead said to the nurse at the reception table.

"Wait your turn, please." The lady snapped.

"He was shot!" Jade shouted at the woman.

"I need you to step back-"

"He's dying!" Jughead said slamming his hand onto the table.

"Hey! What's going on here?" A doctor said walking into the waiting room.

"My friend was shot in the stomach." Jughead said to the doctor.

"Hey, get me a gurney!"

The doctors and nurses started saying different things to each other as they got Fangs onto the gurney.

"Hey, you'll make it through this.." Jade said to the younger boy as they wheeled him away.

Jughead then started to walk off toward the exit. "Jug, where do you think you're going?" Fp said to his son.

"To find who shot Fangs!"

"You're not going out there. Not with people rioting." Fp said, "You're angry, you want justice. So do I," Fp grabbed Jughead by his jacket, "But, you've got a fallen soldier here, boy, and we need to talk to his family. It's part of being a leader."

"Some leader I am."

"Don't go down that road." Fp said.

"Look, I'll go and make sure the other serpents are causing trouble. I know more about this then you do, Jug. You'll get your head cut off if you're not careful."

"Archie?" Jade said into her phone.

"The serpents are going nuts."

"Yeah, Reggie shot Fangs."

"No, I was with Reggie when it happened, it wasn't him. So you really need to call off your crew. We were just leaving Reggie's house."

"Did they find him?"

"No, he wasn't home. We're headed to the high school now. That's where Mrs. Mantle said they were going."

"Okay, I'm on my way."

"Hey, be careful."

"I will. I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Serpents, stop!" Archie yelled into the high school hallway.

"Well, Fellas, looks like we found some bulldogs to put down." Sweet Pea said to the crew.

"Sweet Pea, I swear, Reggie didn't shoot fangs. It was Mrs. Klump."

"Bull. I saw Mantle with the gun!"

"Then you also saw me tackle him before he got a shot off!" Archie said, "It was Midge's mom. She's down at the station."

"Yeah, and Fangs is still clinging to life." Sweet Pea said, "And whether it was Reggie or Mrs. Klump who pulled the trigger, A northsider put him there! You took our friend, our land... and you'll take everything if we give you the chance. So, now you get to watch as we burn your school to the ground."

Sweet Pea picked up a trash can and dumped out the paper in it before throwing it at the trophy display case. The glass on the case shattered and crumbled to the floor and the metal can hit the ground.

Archie, Moose and Kevin got their bats ready and the serpents took out their switch blades.

Then, the doors opened, revealing Principal Weatherbee and some other people, "What the hell do you boys think your doing to my school?"

Jade pulled up beside her brother's motorcycle while they both tried to get through the riots.

"Thought dad said to stay at the hospital?"

"Since when do you care what anyone tells you?"

"Touché."

The two Jones siblings pulled up next to Kevin's truck at Riverdale High and they both switched off their engines.

"You're too late, guys."

"Well, you try mad maxing your way through a riot." Jughead said.

"What happened in the school?" Jade asked.

"Weatherbee shut us down, kicked out asses out." Archie answered.

"Then the serpents took off again." Kevin added from the drivers seat of the truck.

"Do you know where?" Jughead asked.

"Yeah, they went up fernleaf." Moose said.

"Probably to Midge Klump's house." Archie said.

"Why there?" Jade asked.

"To trash it. Because, we told them Mrs. Klump shot Fangs, not Reggie."

"You all have to coax them off the ledge."

"We're on it." Jade answered.

"Wait, have you spoken with Betty? Asked if she's okay?"

"Yeah, she's with her mom." Jughead answered, "Keep in touch."

"You too."

Within seconds the two Jones where off again, trying to calm their crew.