43

[ LODGE LODGE ]

word count: 499not edited

word count: 499
not edited

Jade looked out the window as she sat in between Archie and Kevin in the third row of the car. The brunette hated being in a car. She felt claustrophobic in cars and they brought back bad memories. She usually rode her motorcycle or walked places.

The vehicle pulled up to a beautiful lake house and everyone piled out of the car.

"When I was younger we used to come here every summer whenever my dad could sneak away for a weekend." Veronica said to Jade and Archie as the other three got out of the car.

"Veronica wasn't kidding, it really was the last house on the left." Jughead said.

"Oh my god." Jughead said quietly as they walked into the cabin, making Veronica giggle.

"Welcome what I humbly like to call, 'Lodge' Lodge." Veronica said with a wide smile.

Jughead's phone started ringing so he stepped back out onto the porch to answer it. "Hello?"

"How's the lake house?" Cheryl asked from the other end of the line. "Are you all settled in and spooning yet?"

"Who is this?"

"It's Cheryl, you welfare baby."

"Something wrong?"

"Not yet.." Cheryl said, "I just wanna make sure you know that Archie and Betty kissed in front of my house right before Christmas, and that it seemed pretty serious. Like, with tongue serious. That's all. Enjoy your weekend. Kisses to all, bye now." Cheryl then hung up, leaving Jughead speechless.

"Jug?" Betty asked as she and the others walked onto the porch. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"That was Cheryl." Jughead said turning around, "She said you and Archie kissed in front of her house."

"You think they're gonna break up?" Archie asked as him and Jade now stood in their room for the weekend. "That would be like, the twelfth time this year."

"Hey, we didn't break up over it." Jade said and Archie sat down on the bed. "Archie, that kiss.." Jade put her hand on his cheek and pressed a kiss to his lips. "That's for telling me about it when you did. For trusting me." Jade put both of her hands around his neck. "Shows how strong we are together."

"Jade."

"Us against the world."

"I love you, J."

"I love you too, Arch." They both leaned in and connected their lips.

"Do you want the top or bottom drawer?" Jughead asked the blonde girl sitting on the bed.

"Jug, can we please talk about this already?"

"Betty, I'm not mad about the kiss." Jughead said, "But, I am wondering why you didn't tell me when I told you about Toni."

"I wanted to tell you."

"Is it because you think Archie's my third rail?" Jughead asked, and Betty didn't answer. "Okay. Yes. I mean, you guys grew up next to each other. Your bedroom windows literally face one another. That used to bother me, but after everything we've been through, recently.. I'm not intimidated by a Black Hood prompted kiss."

"Okay." Betty smiled