38

[ YOU WANT TO SEE SOFT ]

word count: 646slightly edited

word count: 646
slightly edited

"Are you the kids looking for a head?" Junkyard Steve said as the three walked up to him.

Jade now had her serpent jacket on, feeling more herself, even though she still had a dress and flats on.

"If only we lived in a town where the answer could be no." Jughead joked.

"We are and you called to say that you have it?" Betty said.

"I got nearly ten acres of scrap out there and I come across weird stuff all the time. But, this is the first time I found a bronze head." Junkyard Steve sat a duffle bag on the table, "It was stashed in an old refrigerator."

Jade unzipped the bag then spoke, "You didn't happen to see who dumped this? Has anyone suspicious been around here?"

"Well, I get scavengers all the time. But, there was a guy that came in here last week, I'd never seen him before. Claimed he wanted some bike parts, but he didn't buy anything."

"Well, did you get his name?" Betty asked, "What did he look like?"

"Low-life type. Had on one of those jackets." Junkyard Steve said, pointing to the jackets the two Jones were wearing.

"By any chance was this gentleman tall?" Jughead asked.

"Sure was."

"Long hair? Beard? Nose ring? Wearing a flannel under his jacket?"

"Yep."

"Stop the damn vote." Fp said as the four walked into the Whyte Wyrm, Jughead carrying General Pickens head.

"What the hell were you doing at the dump last week, Tall Boy?" Fp said pulling up a chair to where Tall Boy was sat.

"I don't know what your talking about." Tall Boy said.

"Talkin' about you cutting the head of the Pickens' statue and stashing it at the dump where you were seen, dumbass. So start spilling." Jade said. Even though she looked like she was from the northside tonight in her dress and flats.. everyone knew she was born and raised here in the south side. They knew she was the serpent princess and if she didn't get what she wanted out of Tall Boy, she'd sure punch it out of him.

"Why'd you do it? Someone put you up to this?" Jughead asked. Tall Boy knew Jughead wasn't a threat, he wouldn't hit Tall Boy. He was more scared of the older Jones.. Jade Jones. Tall Boy has seen what she's capable of. She's broke grown men's bones before, he knew he wouldn't get out of this in one piece if he pissed her off.. but, Jughead was a different story.

"What's the northsider doing here?" Tall Boy asked, referring to Betty. "This is serpent business, it's on serpent land."

"She's here because she's one us."

"You haven't answered their question, why'd you do it?" Fp said.

"'Cause I'm tired of seeing the serpents goin' soft under your rule."

"You want to see soft?" Jade threatened.

"Then Hiram Lodge came by, wanting to stir up some trouble. He said if I took the head, he'd have McCoy and the cops to swarm all over us, cause some chaos."

"So, Hiram Lodge asked you to start a mutiny? And you helped him? Why?" Jade spoke.

"I figured it'd be my chance to get rid of you and your brother, sunshine." Tall Boy said, "And if I got rid of them, I could get rid of you, too, Fp."

"And then what? You'd become leader?" Fp said standing up.

"He and Penny." Jughead said, disgusted. "You're a Judas, Tall Boy... and an idiot." 

"You betrayed your own kind, Tall Boy. You broke serpent law." Fp said, What should we do with this low-life?"

"Strip him of his jacket." Jade said, "Exile him."

"All those in favor?" Fp asked, everyone raising their hand. "Looks like this piece of trash and I got a long ride ahead of us."