42

[ GOSSIP OVER MILKSHAKES ]

word count: 453 not edited

word count: 453
not edited

"Fair warning," Veronica said as the The six best friends sat in the student lounge, "Our Shadow Lake chalet is rustic, but it has breathtaking views of the mountains, the water.."

"That sounds heavenly, V." Betty says, "What do you say, Jug? Can you bear it?"

"As long as it's cool with your dad." Jughead said to Veronica.

"Daddy actually suggested it."

"Well, then, cue the dueling banjos." Jughead said, Jade rolling her eyes at her embarrassment of a brother. "And it'll also be a good chance for me to work on my novel."

"Excellent. But remember, the point of this luxury weekend is to relax and unplug."

"Luxury and weekend, two of my favorite words." Cheryl Blossom said walking into the student lounge. "So, where are we going, and how extravagant of a wardrobe should I pack?"

"Sorry, Cheryl... there's only enough room for us.." Veronica said.

"I see.. of course. My mistake. Well, have fun." Cheryl said before turning on her heels and leaving.

"Jade? Kevin?"

"I'll be there." Jade said.

"I wouldn't miss it." Kevin spoke.

"Jade, come here." Veronica said grabbing the older girls arm and pulling her into an empty classroom. "I'm so thrilled that your up for this weekend away. I want to thank you for coming, even though our families are practically at war."

"Veronica, I don't care about what you and your parents do after school hours. We're friends, or at least I like to consider us friends.. I think your a nice girl, even though your family is conspiring against mine. I just don't want that to come between us two being friends."

"I feel the same way, what about let's both just make a pact to not talk about our family's rivalry."

"Deal." Jade said and they both went to leave, but Jade grabbed her arm and stopped her. "Wait.. V, I.. I need to tell you something.."

"What is it?"

"You're probably going to hate me when I say this.. I'm sorry, V. I didn't mean for it to happen, it just kind of happened.. or of no where.." Jade sighed, "Archie.. Archie and I.. are together.. I'm so sorry, V. I completely understand if you hate m-"

"Jade, I don't hate you. I'm over Archie. I'm happy for you two.. you could've told me sooner. I wouldn't have been mad. I'm actually really happy, you two seem like you work well together." Veronica said, "I didn't completely not see this coming. When you two started hanging out more, the thought crossed my mind and I honestly thought you two would be a good couple."

"Are you serious?"

"Yes, come on. We can go gossip over milkshakes at Pop's."