35

[ FORBIDDEN ]

word count: 561slightly edited

word count: 561
slightly edited

"All right, Order of the Ophidians," Jughead said, walking into the Whyte Wyrm and sticking a reward flyer on the wall.

"Jughead Jones," The serpents stepped back to reveal Penny Peabody. "Did you really think you'd see the last of me?"

"What's the snake charmer doing here? Dad?"

"No. I brought her in, to help us," Tall Boy said.

"We don't need Penny's kind of help."

"You don't get a say anymore," Tall Boy said, "Since you broke serpent law and hurt one of our own kind. Penny was about to tell your dad. Show him, Penny. Show 'em all."

Penny lifted up her sleeve and slammed her arm down on the table, revealing an obviously not fully healed scar where her serpent tattoo used to be. "That used to be my serpent tattoo.. until your son sliced a chunk outta my arm and left me bleeding in a ditch in Greendale. But, I'm still willing to help the serpents. Tall Boy showed me those eviction notices, they're legit. Luckily, I can think of about 41 ways to stall the process.. and I'm talking years."

"What's your price Penny?" Fp asked.

"Blood for blood," Penny stood. "An eye for an eye. I want back in with the serpents and I want him kicked out," She turned around to Jughead, "I want his tattoo carved off and I want to do it myself, with a dirty knife."

"Well? What did they say? Are they kicking me out?" Jughead asked as Jade and Fp walked into the trailer.

"There's gonna be a vote," Fp said, "You versus Penny."

"Me versus.." Jughead said, "What, they can't see what we get with Penny in the picture?"

"Penny's a cobra, but mutilating her?" Jade said.

"That's the kind of thing you don't come back from, Jug."

"Like stuffing a teenager's body in the freezer?" Jade asked, clearly joking. She was the middle man right now in this situation. She was like her brother, always used dark humor to try to lighten the mood, but usually just making the situation worse.

"You two need to learn to keep your damn mouth shut." Fp said pushing Jade against the wall, but then soon realizing what he had done and letting go of her shoulders and relaxing his face.

Her face froze, her thoughts clouding her mind and flashbacks of what happened years ago playing in her head. She didn't say anything as she grabbed her jacket and walked out of the trailer.

She usually wasn't this emotional about things.. but, more and more things have been leading to this situation. It's like she knew that this emotional breakdown was going to happen sooner or later. Everything was just building up around her until she let it all break her.

First with her own brother hurting a woman. Yes, Penny was a bad person.. but, thought of the terror in her mind when Jughead and her friends were doing that ran through Jade's head.

Then, with her becoming friends with North Siders, something she never thought she would... let alone her being in the inner circle of a Lodge.

Now, she was dating a Riverdale High football player, who was her brother's best friend, her best friend's ex crush and her friend's ex boyfriend... kind of like a forbidden love that was bound to break her one day.