16

[ WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? ]

word count, 533

Archie Andrews walked up to the Jones trailer as Jughead and Jade walked out of it.

"Archie.." Jughead said, confused onto why he was here.

"Jug, we gotta talk."

"Uh, now is really not a good time, okay?" Jughead said, going down the steps quickly. "You need to leave, okay? You gotta go."

"Why, what's going on?" Archie said, his eyes flickering from Jughead to Jade a few times.

"What the hell do we have here?" Sweet Pea said, coming around the corner with a group of serpents.

"Just leave him, alright?" Jughead said, walking away from Archie.

"Wait, you're friends with this thugs?"

"What did you just say?" Jade snapped.

"It's not what you think." Jughead said.

"Are you joining the serpents?" Archie said looking at Jade then back to Jughead.

"If he survives, and go ahead and call us thugs one more time." Sweet Pea said walking toward Archie, but Jughead held out his arm and stopped him. 

"Jughead, these are the guys who attacked me. Who attacked Reggie, and Veronica, and Dilton. Your friends."

"Wait, is that why you're here?" Jughead paused, "To warm me?"

"No." Archie took a step toward Jughead, "I came here to tell you to stay away from Betty. She doesn't want to see you anymore."

"Screw you, I just saw Betty yesterday." Jughead looked at the ground, like he was trying to add things together. "She was fine."

"No, dude. She's been wanting to break up with you for weeks. She's been agonizing over it. Since you crossed the dark side, she couldn't bring herself to do it."

"So, she sent you?" Jughead spat, "Betty would never do that."

"If you don't believe me then call her. And, feel free to tell her your a Serpent now, too. I bet she'll love that. She saw where you were heading, Jughead." Archie paused, "We all did, and she knows you can't be with them and with her. Come on, man. You know it, too."

"Tell Betty I got the message."

"Yeah." Archie said and Jughead turned around.

"What? Did you enjoy the show?"

"Show hasn't even started yet." Sweet Pea said.

"Go on, I'll catch up." Jade said, wanting to talk to Archie. "Now." She said when the serpents didn't move at first, but quickly leaving when she spoke the second time.

"That was exactly what Betty said." Jade said, the sarcasm practically dripping off her tongue, once she knew the serpents were gone.

"Wait, you knew?"

"Yeah, I talked to Betty last night. She told me everything. She knows about Jughead becoming a serpent, too."

"Why are you allowing that?"

"Let's go inside, neighbors are staring.." she said and walked to the trailer, Archie following her. She spoke again once the door closed, "I tried to get him not to but there was no changing his mi-"

She was cut off when she was turned around by Archie grabbing her hips and pressing his lips against hers. She kissed back once she realized what was happening and they fell back onto the pull out sofa.

"Really?" She giggled, "Now?" He answered by leaving kisses down her neck.