58

[ WEB OF LIES ]

word count: 639not edited

word count: 639
not edited

The serpents were having a Swords and Serpents meeting. Alice Cooper stood in the front of the science room in a snake skin shirt.

"I asked Jughead to thank you for me but I reconsidered, because I wanted to do it myself.." Alice said, "So, thank you for what you did. I also wanted you to hear it directly from me, that I am done attacking and disavowing the southside. It's where I'm from, and I should be proud of that and from now on, I will be. And, like my daughter, I will fight tooth and nail for it."

"Jade, thank you for meeting me before school." Kevin said as the two sat in the music room, a video camera in front of the two while Kevin held a copy of the lyric book for the musical the school is performing.

"Look, Kev, I know what you're gonna ask. I'm sorry, but I just don't sing in front of people.. especially a whole auditorium full of people." She said to the boy.

"I know.. and, however much I would die for you to be in the musical, because your voice is literally the voice of a goddess, I know you wouldn't do it. So, what about.. helping me with the musical? Like, helping with costumes, makeup, lighting, our schedules.. basically be my co-director but, like the behind the scenes one. Also, I heard you have a talent with just about anything and would be handy to have around."

"Sure, I mean.. why not."

It was after everyone in the musical introduced theirselves to each other. Betty stood at the snack table as Archie walked over and spoke to the girl.

"Kinda weird, huh? Us two playing boyfriend and girlfriend?"

"Easy there Arch, big brother's watching." Jughead said holding up his camera.

"No, I mean, things are straying with the five of us right now but we're here for Kevin, and to do this play, and I hope we can do it as painless as possible."

"Archie, Veronica lied to all of us, you included." Betty said, "Conspiring with her parents against the entire school? I mean, and it's fine that you're doing exactly what Tommy Ross would do, which is stand by her, but from where I'm standing.. Veronica's just as much as of a privileged, selfish, spiteful, mean girl as the part she's playing."

The three looked over to Veronica, who was with Jade looking on Veronica's phone.

"Betty, even Jade is still her friend and she's from the south side."

"I don't know what kind of web of lies Veronica has Jade tangled up in. But, I'm certainly not getting caught in it."

Cheryl had sung a song, wanting to prove to the group that this part belonged to her.. when a sand bag almost hit her.

Now, Kevin, Jade and Jughead sat in one of the classrooms while Jughead recorded.

"I have a dark confession to make." Kevin spoke. "After Cheryl's brush with death this morning... I found a letter in my locker from someone alleging to be, and I can't believe I'm about to say this, the Black Hood." Kevin held up the letter. "It's a prank. Look at it. Why would the Black Hood, who was shot dead by my dad, be demanding that the role of Carrie be recast?"

"Yeah, it does seem pretty small potatoes for the Black Hood." Jade said.

"Yeah, still, guys you can't tell anyone about this. As official co-director and documentarian, you're sworn to secrecy. Also, the show, as they say, must go on.."

- authors note -

please read!

with publishing, like, the last
twenty chapters of this book,
i've realized that i really hate
this book and jade lmao. if you
all haven't already realized, i
wrote this a while ago. when i
still liked it and when i decided
to start editing& publishing
the chapters.

so this brings me to my question,
do you all like it enough for me
to continue posting the unedited
chapters? any other chapter from
here on will be unedited if i do
continue posting. there will most
likely be some mistakes, plot holes
and errors in it.

there is already a second book in
my drafts, too, actually. i also hate
it but let's not talk about that. i got
to like 3x17? before i realized i had no
idea where i was going and quit writing
it because, quite frankly, season three
was a shot show.

anyway, let me hear your opinions.