11

[ GOOSEBUMPS]

word count, 763

word count, 763

The news of the Black Hood trying to kill two teens at lovers lane spread like wildfire throughout Riverdale.

Parents gave their kids earlier curfews and even banned them from leaving the house except for school.

Meanwhile, after days of trying to get her younger brother to rethink moving to Southside High.. Jade failed. He finally convinced her that this was something he needed to do and that he'd be fine.

Now, Jade and Toni stood in the Jones trailer. Mentally telling Jughead 'I told you so', as Betty Cooper treated the wounds in his face.

"Can't you just take a day off?" Betty asked, pouring rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball.

"It's not that bad, it's just some cuts and bruises."

"I told you that motorcycle was risky, Jug." Betty said, confusing the two girls standing across the room, "You told me your were always gonna wear a helmet."

"It was just around the block.. don't blame me, blame the pothole." Jughead said, bringing his sardonic humor into this bad situation as well.

"I thought you were gonna say you got jumped by those.. creepies."

"Ghoulies." Toni corrected before her best friend took over.

"But, no, the serpents won't allow that." Jade said, pushing herself off from leaning on the wall.

"They got Jughead's back. Even though he's not a member." Toni said.

"It's just family loyalty." The brunette finished.

"Alright, well, I got to go to school. Try to fix this mess with Kevin." Betty stood up grabbing her bag and coat, "Guys, will you keep an eye on him?"

Toni gave Betty a salute, "All over it."

As soon as Betty had fully left the house, Jughead spoke up, "Don't tell Betty.. she doesn't need to know."

The girls didn't say anything, Jade just picked up a pillow and threw it at her younger brother, "First you lie to her about the school and now this? Jughead, relationships are about trust, not lies."

"I know, Jade." He leaned forward and rubbed his face with his hands, "Just don't tell her.."

"We warned you about the ghoulies, maybe you'll take them a little more seriously now." Toni said, grabbing her stuff.

"Yeah, I will."

"Bye, Jade. Text me later."

"Okay, bye." Jade called after her best friend as the door closed.

"Jade."

"What?" She snapped, not in the mood.

"Jesus, woman." Sweet Pea said, taking a seat next to her at the bar in the Whyte Wyrm.

"You know that red headed dude from that red circle shit?"

"I remember him."

"He came to the southside last night, spray painting red circles on walls. Tried to stop him and he pulled a gun out on me. Maybe you can see if your Northside brother knows anything about this dude, as he took it offensively yesterday when we said Fangs should earn his serpent stripes by bringing us the head of that north sider."

"A gun, Archie?" Jade questioned, standing in Archie's living room.

"Look, Jade, I was being an idiot."

"Got that right." Archie's dad wasn't home, he was visiting some family. After what happened at Pop's, he felt like he needed to go see his mom for a couple of days.

Archie and Jade had a past together. Since he has been Jughead's friend since when they were four, she knew him too. They had grown up together for the most part, they were even best friends before she transferred to the Southside.

In 6th and 7th grade they had the biggest crushes on each other, but neither of them would ever admit that now.

Years ago, Jughead was considered the 'big brother'. He took care of his sister and was protective of her. So, when Archie and Jade has decided to date for a while they hid it from everyone.

Then Jade transferred schools, leaving her entire life behind, and a broken Archie Andrews.

Archie grabbed her hips and pushed her against the wall, kissing her passionately. She was shocked by this sudden act but, kissed back.

Archie slight slid his hands up her shirt, touching the bare skin and leaving goosebumps.

Jade pushed the younger boy off her, "What are you doing?"

"Is there a problem?" Archie says.

Jade bit her lip, not knowing what to answer exactly. Archie did, although. He picked her up and she swung her legs around his torso, giggling at what was happening.

Their lips found each other again as he carried her up the stairs. He pushed open his bedroom door and closed it with one swift motion.