46

[ WRAPPED RIGHT AROUND HER LITTLE FINGER ]

word count: 856
not edited

Betty and Jughead stood in the kitchen, Betty taking the items in the brown paper bags out.

Archie and Jade sat at the table playing a card game while Veronica watched.

Jughead's phone started ringing, "If that's Cheryl tell her everyone's fine and her little game is over." Betty said to Jughead.

"It's my dad." He said before answering, "Hey, dad, what's up?"

"Jughead. Jughead, hey, you're not going to believe it." Fp said to his son through the phone.

"Uh, hold on, I can't really hear you. Hold on a sec." Jughead said before walking outside. 

"Ha, I win." Jade said to Archie before her phone started ringing.

"Ugh, I'll be back." She said before putting the phone up to her ear, "Hello?"

"Hey, Jade, guess what." Sweet Pea said into the phone with excitement dripping from his tone.

"What?"

"Everyone's over at your dad's celebrating."

"What? Why?"

"The eviction notices, the back rent.. it's all gone. Paid in full. No one has to move out!"

"What? That's amazing. How?"

"You and Jughead. You two shamed him into it. He did a complete 180."

"Who? What are you talking about?"

"Hiram Lodge. He just bought Sunnyside Trailer Park and said we can all stay." Jade didn't respond to Sweet Pea words, "Jade? Jade?"

"First your dad buys the drive in, now he owns Sunnyside Trailer Park." Jughead said once the three others walked outside, "As I suspected, he's gobbling up the southside piece by piece—"

"Wait, slow down." Archie said, "So Mr. Lodge is the one evicting people from the trailer park?"

"No, technically he cleared us of our debts and revoked the evictions.." Jughead answered.

"Doesn't that mean you to to keep your trailer?" Archie asked.

"Yes." Veronica answered for Jughead. "So, why are you so outraged?"