69

[ TWO DOTS AND A DASH ]

word count: 595not edited !

word count: 595
not edited !

Archie and Jughead were in the Jones trailer, talking about some news that Archie found out.

"Of course it's Tall Boy." Jughead sighed, "I'm such an idiot."

"You think what Minetta said is true?" Archie asked. "That Tall Boy was the second Black Hood?"

"He's done Hiram's dirty work before. He confessed to it, which, now that I think about it.. it explains why he suddenly dies in a firefight. There's no loose ends. He can't implicate Hiram, ever."

"And, now Sheriff Minetta can say the case of the copycat Black Hood is closed."

"Hiram is gonna get away with it." Jughead sighed, "He's gonna get away with all of it."

"And on top of everything else, my dad, who's drinking again, wants us to move to Toledo. Just in time, too. 'Cause Weatherbee wants to kick all of the southsiders out of Riverdale High." Jughead said as the two boys ate ice cream with various toppings. Then the door swung open, revealing Cheryl Blosssom.

"Cheryl?" Jughead said.

"Zip it and listen." The ginger bombshell said to the three, "We have to get to the Whyte Wyrm asap. I've already called Toni to give her the heads up."

"What's going on?" Archie asked.

"My mumsy warned me that Hiram Lodge's cyborg sheriff is raiding your precious bar tonight. And if things turn violent and some serpents end up shot, well, so much the better. Let's go."

"Take only what you absolutely need, and what you can carry with you. We need to move quickly, and quietly. Sheriff Minetta's forces are all over the southside, and they're look for our blood. If we want our skulls to remain uncracked we have to go undetected." Jade stood in front of the serpents after meeting her friends at the Wyrm.

"Go where?" Sweet Pea asked. "There's no where safe."

"We've been offered asylum on the north side."

"Alright, two dots and a dash. Two chicks on a raft here, Jug. And, there's a stack of Vermont hot for ya." Fred Andrews said as he cooked and handed out food, "Oh, yeah, I worked at Pop's for a summer."

Archie, Jade and Jughead all had smiles on their faces when Fp came up to the two, "What's going on here? You two do all this?"

"With assist from Archie.." Jughead said.

"Toledo's gonna have to wait." Jade spoke.

"Maybe so." Fp said, "Bulldogs helping serpents, Freddie Andrews opening his house to a bunch of snakes." He then addressed Fred, "There goes the rest of your north side vote, Buddy."

"We're all neighbors here." Fred said. "Alright, bacon!" He said, then walked off with some fresh bacon as Fp disappeared into the crowd of serpents.

"Hey, thank you." Jade said putting one of her hands on Archie's waist, "You came through for us."

"I'm not done yet." Archie said, "How many of these serpent jackets do you think we can borrow?"

"What's the meaning of this?" Mr Weatherbee said after he walked out into the main hall of the school, which was filled with students wearing Southside Serpent jackets.

"It's a show of support, sir." Archie said, "For the southsiders who are being wrongly transferred out of our school. Everyone's ready to walk our, Principal Weatherbee."

"Any student who walks better keep walking, because they'll be expelled." Principal Weatherbee said.

"You're a good man, Principal Weatherbee. You're not the kind of person who discriminates. And if you are, then expel me. Because I don't want to be a part of that."

"Everyone, get to class."