26

[ EVERYONE HAS A REASON ]

"Betty, are you being serious about wanting to do the dance?" Jade said as she shut the door to the Jones trailer

"Yes, Jade. I want to be a part of this.."

"Betty, Everyone has a reason for joining the serpents. And not just an, 'oh my boyfriend joined them and I want to join to make him happy and make sure he's okay', reason." She said, "Dad joined because his dad kicked him out. Jughead joined to keep the peace and not let the serpents go blood crazy with the northside.."

"Why'd you join?" Betty asked, "You're smart, you're pretty and you can do literally anything you set your mind to. Why join them if you could be doing so much more with your life?"

"Betty, I joined when I was thirteen." Jade said, "I had something happen to me, it was the Ghoulies trying to hurt my dad, through me." Jade sighed as she felt her chest become heavy as she sat down on the couch. "I never told you all why I just disappeared. Jughead doesn't even know the real reason why, and I'd like to keep it that way."

"I won't tell him, Jade." Betty said, "You can tell me though."

"The Ghoulies' leader, Malachai.. the one that we went against in the street race." Jade said, "It.. it started when the Serpents and Ghoulies had a falling out. The Ghoulies wanted to hurt the serpents. They wanted to hurt my dad.. and they thought the perfect way to do that was through me."

"What.. what happened?" Betty asked.

"One day, when Jughead was sick, I was walking home from school alone. The Ghoulies followed me until I got to a deserted part of the road. They kidnapped me and took me to Malachai."

"Oh my god.. Jade.." Betty said, pulling the brunette in a hug as a few tears fell from her cheeks.

"A party? No, no, no, no." FP said as him and Jughead walked into the trailer. "The problem is, I'm trying to keep the Serpents in my rear view mirror, remember?"

"It's one night. Not even, it's like three hours." Jughead said and FP sighed, "You've done right by the Serpents, more than right. Why can't they be right by you?" FP sat down at the kitchen table with his son, "Come on, its the end of an era."

"Okay.." FP gave in, "Okay, let's do it."

"Great.."

"Where's your sister anyway?"

"I don't know, I think she's with Betty trying to do some things for the party." Jughead answered.

"I'm glad that she's making more friends, you know. Outside of the serpents, maybe it can turn her around."

"I think it's going to take more than friends to turn her around, Dad." Jughead's phone rang, "It's Archie, don't bogart the egg rolls."

"What the hell do you want, Penny?" Jughead said once he was out of his father's earshot.

"We have business, how fast can you get to Pop's?"

"No, no. I told you that I'm out. That I'm done."

"Don't keep me waiting long, little doggy, or I'll have your father back behind bars before I finish my cup of burnt coffee."

Jade opened the door to Pop's Chock' Lit Shoppe and looked around, seeing who she was looking for.

"What the hell did I tell you?" She said as the blonde looked up, and her younger brother looked behind him.

"I told you to stop bothering the Serpents. I told you to get out of town and put your drugs in some other town, not Riverdale." Jade yelled as loud as she could in a whisper as she leaned on the table. She took out a usb drive, "This little thing could get you a lifetime in prison if you don't listen to me. Remember that video accidentally caught on tape about two years—"

"Okay, okay. I'll be out of town by tonight. I'm sorry, Jade. Please don't." The blonde said as she quickly grabbed her things, throwing a ten down on the table then leaving.

"Jade Jones saves th-"

"I have a bone to pick with you."