30

[ POMP AND CIRCUMSTANCE ]

Jughead, Jade and Toni sat outside on the steps of the school when the doors swing open revealing Fang, Sweet Pea and a lot of other serpents

"What's going on?" Jughead asked standing up.

"This hell hole is officially closed." Sweet Pea revealed. "We're done. No more Southside High."

"What? How?" Jade asked standing up too.

"They say it's dangerous gonna be quarantined. Who cares? We're all going to different schools."

"Wait, this doesn't make sense." Jughead said, "Where are you all going?"

"Same as you, and Toni, and Jade, and Fangs. We're going to Riverdale High." Sweet Pea said, "Think of all those northside head to knock." Sweet Pea and Fangs then did a fake fighting thing and Jade rolled her eyes.

"Friends." Veronica Lodge said as the new Southside Serpent students walked into the school and up to the table they had in the main hall. "On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High welcome to your new school. To ease this transition I've set a registration desk when you can get locker assignments, class schedules and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale."

"Stand down, Eva Peron!" The voice of Cheryl Blossom boomed through the hall as she and her posse walked down the stairs.

"There's the school spirit I so fondly remember." Jughead whispered and Jade stifled a laugh.

"Cheryl, no one invited Fascist Barbie to the party." Veronica said.

"Wrong, Veronica, no one invited Southside scum to our school." Cheryl said crossing her arms. "Listen up, Ragamuffins. I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms that are overcrowded with underachievers. So, please, do us all a favor and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways."

"Why don't you come over here and say that to my face?" Toni said walking toward the red head, us following in case things got nasty.

"Happily, Queen of the Buskers."

"Okay, guys, everyone, can we just put our northside-southside differences apart and start over? A new slate?" Archie spoke up.

"You don't speak for the Bulldogs, Andrews." Reggie Mantle said, "And need I remind you, these greaser-snakes showed up at your place trying to kick you ass."

"Happy to finish what was started." Sweet Pea spoke walking toward Reggie, but Jade and Jughead grabbed him before he could do anything.

"God, I am so over the toxic masculinity in this hallway right now." Veronica spoke.

"Alright. That's enough pomp and circumstance. Everyone, let's get to class. Now." Principal Weatherbee said.

"I don't think we've properly met." Veronica said walking into the student lounge, "Veronica Lodge." She extended her hand out to Toni before Jughead made a comment.

"Of the Park Avenue Lodges."

"Toni, Topaz." Toni said and shook Veronica's hand.

"Oh, like the purple-colored gemstone." Veronica said, "Love it."

"And I'm Josie McCoy. Formerly of the Pussycats, now just Josie." The girl looked sad as she spoke, "Oh, and this is Kevin" she said pointing to the boy in the purple sweater on the couch.

"What's your name?" Kevin asked the guy sitting in the chair across from him.

"Fogarty. Or you can call me Fangs."

"Your last names Keller, right?"

"How did you know that?" Kevin said with a confused look.

"Joaquin and I used to hang out. He talked about you all the time."

"You guys! Yes, you, come with me." Mr. Weatherbee said walking into the student lounge, "Now!" Once they got into the hallway he spoke again, "Which of you defaced our school seal with this graffiti?"

"See, this is what they do, Principal Weatherbee, they the their turf." Reggie said, gesturing to the snake painted on the floor.

"My god, Reggie. Could you be any more transparent?" Veronica asked.

"Effective immediately, no gang behavior of any kind will be tolerated at my school. As of this moment, no more serpent jackets." This created the group of serpents to make some comments, but the principal ignored them. "No more serpent jackets. All tattoos are going to be covered. Possession of any gang paraphernalia whatsoever will lead to immediate suspension. Are we clear?"