I'm done

The piercing sound of gunfire made Danny bolt into the next room over to see Steve standing about three feet from a dead body.

"Guess you found Magnamara," Danny sighed as he stared down at their only suspect.

"Why don't they ever just put the gun down like I ask them to?" Steve huffed as he rebolstered his gun.

"You know what I think? I think you enjoy killing our only suspect. You do it so often, there's no way it's coincidental," Danny waved his hand around aimlessly as he spoke.

"Yes, Danny, I like to kill our only lead to solving the murder of a young couple on vacation," Steve rolled his eyes.

"See what I tell ya? Trigger happy," Danny said to Chin who stood behind the pair.

Chin only laughed with a shake of his head.

"Trigger happy? I'm not trigger happy," Steve spoke defensively.

"What do you call this then? Huh? Three bullets to the chest. What, one wouldn't suffice?" Danny gestured to the dead body.

"He was gonna shoot me, Danny. You want me to get shot?" Steve huffed at his partner as he checked the body for a phone or wallet or anything that might give them an idea of what happened to the young couple.

"I'm gonna shoot you," Danny countered as he stood over Steve.

"Chin, get this gun to ballistics and see if it matches the gun used to execute our victims," Steve handed the gun to Chin who bagged it up.

"You wouldn't shoot me, Danny, you love me too much," Steve grinned up at his partner, causing the blonde to stiffen.

He knew Steve was only teasing him, but the fact that Danny really did love Steve always made him nervous when Steve brought it up. He didn't love Steve the way Steve loved him, or the way he loved Chin. He loved Steve the way he once loved Rachel. He had tried desperately not to fall for the SEAL, but he found he didn't have much choice in the matter. Spending almost every moment of every day with a man that constantly put Danny first was bound to have repercussions. Sure they fought, a lot. But it was what kept their relationship interesting. It had been the better part of five years and Danny had fallen head over heels for his partner less than a year in. He did his best to hide the fact, and as far as he knew, no one suspected anything. Fortunately for Danny, the pair had a rather flirty relationship anyway. They called each other babe and told each other they loved each other almost daily. He was able to reach out and touch Steve at any moment without raising any questions. Steve had even taken Danny's kids in as his own, which only made Danny love him even more.

"Danny, are you listening?" Steve asked, pulling Danny from his thoughts.

"What's up?" Danny shook his head, hoping Steve wouldn't question it.

"This guy has been in contact with Benjamin Hopper," Steve wiggled the phone in his hand.

"Benjamin. You mean the dead wife's brother?" Danny frowned.

"Looks, like we need to pay Mr. Hopper another visit."

-

Danny panted heavily once he reached the top of the stairs. He was following Steve who had chased their suspect to the roof of his office building. Evidentally Benjamin Hopper had hired Magnamara to kill his brother in law but accidentally killed the wife as well. Benjamin had decided running from them was his best option which is how Danny found himself on the roof of a twenty-story building.

"Benjamin, stop right there. There's nowhere else to go," Steve shouted across the roof where Benjamin was peering over the edge.

"We already know you killed your sister and brother in law, there's no use in-" Before Danny could finish his sentence. The man was climbing over the edge. He was holding on by the thin brick crevices as he climbed down.