Call it a Trust Exercise(Part 3)

Talking about the succubus with Steve in his ear was a problem Danny hadn't thought of.

Danny pulled his earpiece out and cut it off.

Dean opened his mouth to ask what he was doing but Danny put a finger to his lips.

Dean pulled his out too.

"Why'd you do that?" Dean frowned, setting the earpiece on his side table of the hotel room they had gotten.

"We can't just talk about the succubus with Steve listening. So we need to come up with a plan. We've got about three minutes before Steve starts blowing up my phone," Danny glanced at his cell as if expecting Steve to already be calling him.

"Okay, well we know that with this being a police investigation stabbing her isn't going to go well so we melted some silver bullets down and added the lamb's blood to it so we can shoot her. Make it look like self defense, which it will be. You can't lock her up so..." Dean pulled out a case of bullets from his duffle bag.

"That's really smart," Danny said impressed.

"Sam's idea."

Just like Danny had said, his phone buzzed with Steve's number.

"Steve, hey, sorry our earpieces were making a weird sound, I'm just resetting them," Danny lied.

"I don't want you out of contact," Steve huffed.

"Could you stop worrying for five seconds. I know what I'm doing, I'll be fine."

"That's not what I'm worried about," Steve growled.

"Dean'll look out for me" Danny rolled his eyes despite the fact that Steve couldn't see him.

"That's what worries me."

"He's not gonna let anything happen to me, I promise. He's got my back."

"I'm the one that's supposed to have your back," Steve grumbled.

"Hey, trust me, alright? I know that's a foreign concept to you, but just try," Danny was trying to not be annoyed with Steve. He was honestly taking this really well all things considered.

"I do trust you, Danny, I just don't like sending you in blind."

"Yes, I know, you're the one who likes to go in blind. Well now you know what it feels like to be me," Danny quipped.

"Just get your earpieces back in, please," Steve huffed in response.

"He's awfully controlling," Dean commented when Danny hung up.

"He just worries easily," Danny shrugged. He picked up the earpiece and put it back in.

"You there, babe?" Danny asked.

"Loud and Clear," Steve answered with a satisfied sigh.

"Dean and I are gonna head out, put on a little show for our girl, you guys should go ahead and move in. We're in room three ten. I'll tape a key to the back of the do not disturb sign."

"Ten four."

-

Fake dating Dean was easy. He was good looking, and they got along great. The hardest part was that Danny so badly wished it could have been Steve he was doing this with. Although on the other hand, he was sort of glad it wasn't. Fake dating Steve would only remind Danny of what he was missing.

So far Dean and Danny had walked along the beach, gotten shaved ice and were now heading to a local bar. All hand in hand of course.

Dean's hand squeezed Danny's, his eyes straight ahead.