Chan - Age Difference

It was just any other day at the studio. You had called Chan since you wanted to hang out, but as usual he was stuck in front of his computer in the studio making music. You came over to talk, but as normal it ended up with him ignoring you as if you were air. You tried to start small conversations but nothing worked. He just answered with yeah's and uh-huh's.

You understood that he was busy as an idol but why did he even ask you to be his girlfriend when it didn't seem like he cared at all. The last time you two went out together was over 6 months ago. Was it because of the age difference? You were the same age as Jeongin and even though the age gap between you and Chan only was 4 years, you felt like he treated you like a child sometimes.

You understood that he was legal and you were not, but it seemed as if you two were in different phases of your lives. Him being done with school, a trainee for 7 years and an idol for 1. You on the other hand were only 17 turning 18, and still in school. You were still trying to figure out what you wanted to be, while he had it all figured out.

Because you looked younger strangers had often referred to you as brother and sister in café's and restaurants. Normally you both just corrected them and moved on, but you had never actually talked to Chan about it. The age gap bothered you and made you insecure. There had been multiple times where people had hit on Chan, since no one saw a couple when they looked at the two of you.

You didn't feel too well after all these thoughts and wanted to go home. You stood up from your chair and went to get your jacket. "Chan I'm going home." You said in a monotone voice. His head turned to look at you for the first time in 4 hours.
"I should walk you home then! Don't want
my little babygirl to be scared this late at night."

That made you furiated. He had just ignored you for hours and decided to walk you home since you would be "scared". You had had enough. "I don't need you to walk me home! Go work on your song instead! I am clearly a waste of your time!" Chan was a little surprised and taken aback. "What are you talking about!?" He said a little loud clearly getting low-key mad.

You couldn't help but roll your eyes. "ARE YOU DUMB!? I HAVE LITERALLY BEEN SITTING HERE FOR 4 HOURS TRYING TO TALK WITH YOU AND SPEND TIME WITH YOU, BUT YOU LITERALLY HAVEN'T REACTED EVEN ONCE. SUDDENLY YOU LOOK AT ME SAYING YOU WILL WALK ME HOME BEACAUSE I AM SCARED AT 9PM!? ARE YOU KIDDNG ME! I AM NOT 3 YEARS OLD, SO WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TREAT ME LIKE A CHILD!?"

You had to let it all out, and you noticed tears slowly came flowing down your cheeks. "You always do this Chan, treat me like a child, ignore me, make me feel insecure. Why did you even ask me to be your girlfriend in the first place." You sniffled and looked at him for a short second before running out of the JYP building. You ran home to your shared apartment with your friend, fortunately your friend wasn't home today.

You ran and ran, but everything you could think about was how his face had slowly softened during your rage burst. You felt bad, but at the same time it was the truth, and you had to tell him eventually. When you finally arrived at home you ran to your room, leapt onto your bed and cried to your hearts content.

_______________________________________

A/n

Do you want a part 2?