Hyunjin - Welcoming Arms

You put in your earphones, trying to block out the loud noise coming from the bedroom down the hall with 《Mixtape #4》. Your mom and stepdad was fighting once again, nothing new there. You were used to it by now. They fought on the regular, about anything and everything. Sometimes you would ask why they were even together, but you would think back to how their relationship was in the start and would understand why. They has first met when they were studying together, but nothing ever happened between them. They lost contact for years, but suddenly regained it. They met up a couple of times and before you knew it he had proposed. In the start they were happy, which made you happy as your mom had been alone since you were born. Since your parents had divorced before you were born, you were pretty close to your mom.

So now watching how your stepdad, made her exhausted every day, by picking small fights over how he was too exhausted to walk the dog, or sometimes even just bluntly say he couldn't be bothered to, annoyed you. You recently also needed to repaint your house and you and your mom worked hard to cover as much surface of possible. Seeing as you were a family, you hoped he would help out, but he rarely did. And you guessed that's how they had ended up fighting now. As you were about to enter your room, your mom entered the hallway. You saw she was trying to get contact with you and took out your earplugs to listen to what she was saying. "Are you hungry?" She asked. "A little ." You said and opened the door to your room. "Okay, I'll make us some food then." You were about to step into your room when you heard something.

You looked at her and saw she had snuffled, she was crying. You didn't hesitate as you went and embraced her in a warm and comforting hug. You brought her into your room and let her calm down in there. You asked her what had happened during the fight and she had basically said he told her that his head had hurt all day, and that he had accused you of trying to punch him last weekend as well as saying he felt like he was being treated like a slave. She had of course stood up for you as she knew you would never do that, and also thought it was stupid of him to feel like a slave, only because he was asked to help out with painting the house. But once again, it was only you and your mom. Fortunately you understood each other better than anyone else. You talked a little before she eventually left. Night came around and it was now 1 am and you were about to go to bed, when you saw your mom sleeping on the couch. Meaning that your stepdad was sleeping in HER bed, in HER bedroom.

You were annoyed and sad and needed to vent out to someone. The only one you were close enough to, to call at this time of day was Hyunjin. You quickly dialled his number and waited for him to pick up. A couple beeps went by and you were about to give up when he finally picked up. His voice was husky, and it was clear you had just woken him up from his slumber. "What?" He said. He sounded annoyed, sleepy and a little angry. "I j-just, never mind. Go back to sleep." He heard your stutter and how your voice had cracked. You never stuttered, and if your voice cracked that could only mean one thing. You had been crying. As you were about to hang up he yelled. "Wait! Y/n! What happened? Are you okay? Do you want me to come over?" His voice had changed. He sounded serious and worried. "Can you meet me at the park close to JYP building?" You knew you shouldn't ask him to sneak out at this time of the day, but you felt so useless.

"I'll be there as quickly as possible, give me 10!" He hurriedly said into the phone as he hung up. You quietly and carefully left the house, making sure not to wake anyone up. You plugged in your earphones again and listened to 《5tar》 by A.C.E followed up by 《Red Thread》 by ONEUS. You really liked the emotions the songs gave you when you listened to them, and right now they really matched your mood as well. You slowly walked to the park while looking at the clear stars on the dark blue night sky. Looking at the stars always made you feel better when you were down.

Sitting down on a bench you waited for Hyunjin while looking at the street lights and beautiful trees. Soon enough the street lights lighted up a person that was jogging towards you in the distance. As the person came closer it was clear that it was Hyunjin approaching. He eventually stopped in front of you and supported his upper body by resting his hands on his knees, catching his breath. "You didn't have to run here like a manic you know?" You said trying to lighten your own mood. He stood up and sat beside you. He faced you and said. "Who said I did it for you? I just needed the exercise. Okay maybe not. But, like, you can't worry me like that, and not expect me to run like a manic. So tell me now, who hurt you, and where do they live, cause someone deserves a punch straight in the gut."

You grabbed his hand, taking a deep breath before telling him what had happened. You also told him about how you had been joking a little with your stepdad last weekend and told him you didn't need him as you had helped your mom carry something she originally had asked him to do, but that you did since he had jokingly said you could do it. He had ignored you ever since. "I guess he felt threatened or disrespected. But he has taken it too seriously, and doesn't need to treat mom like crap!" You almost yelled out as you released an annoyed sigh. You also talked with Hyunjin about how your stepdad would always talk to your mom when you were the one that did something wrong. Why couldn't he just talk to you about it, instead of ignoring you and talking about it with your mom like you were some child.

He had listened to every detail you had told him and agreed with you. But unfortunately none of you could do much about the situation. He pulled you in for a hug and you just sat there just like that for ages. You had never realised how much you liked the feeling of being in Hyunjin's arms. They had always comforted you when you needed it, and his arms had always been warm and welcoming. You could feel his warm scent envelope your nostrils, making you feel even more relaxed if even possible. "I just want her to be happy you know? And I feel so useless, cause I can't help her." He patted your back. "I know, I know." He said in his most comforting tone. "When I get married, I don't want every day to be filled with fights." You mumbled into his jacket. Taking you by surprise, he gave your neck a small kiss and said. "If you marry me I will take care of you and make sure you're always happy."

_______________________________________

A/n

DID I WRITE THIS TO DISTRACT MYSELF FROM THE FACT THAT THERE ARE CONCERTS SK IS HOLDING RIGHT NOW THAT I AM NOT ATTENDING?

...

MAYBE.