Chapter 5: Battle Royale

Standing in front of beta city area A, you nervously fumbled your fingers in your orange sports jacket over your white shirt and black jogging pants. You stared in awe at the large area wonder how many of these 'practice center' the school has in its large land.

Wilts in your thoughts you unconsciously tugged on the hem of your jacket.

'Shōtō told me to wear this since its more preservative... But I would have been fine with my own clothes... It's much easier for me to move if I wear my favorite black turtleneck crop top though,' You thought a bit disappointed 'but if he says it's better then I guess it's okay...'

"Okay, start!" Present Mic yells at the top of his lungs, standing on top of a watchtower. His words took most of the students by shock.

"What's wrong? Life doesn't have countdowns!" Present Mic commented "Run, run! There's no going back!" this allowed the students to break out of their frozen state and soon your group entered the empty city in a herd.

Running with the rest of the group, you were all jumped by a robot, resulting in the students splitting in through several alleyways and roads. 'So many.. ways to go... uh, where are the robots?' You thought in slight worry. You also broke off the main group and went down a road that was empty. With loud skidding sound and whirling wheels, a robot around the corner and spotted you.

"There's one!" You cheered. Without a moment to lose, the robot charged at you weapons at the ready. 

"I'll kill you!!" It yelled in a robotic tone.

Getting yourself into position, you focused on the robot itself. Your quirk activated, allowing a grid-like view of the distance between the machine and you. In your eyes, through your manually activated quirk, a yellow hue radiated from the machine and in your command, the hue flew from the robot to you.

'Yes! How many points will I receive--' Your victory was short-lived. A student suddenly came flying in smashing the robot just as it shut down from your quirk. His hands blaring with explosions and piercing red eyes glare into yours cool colored one.

You must have looked like a dying fish, for your mouth and eyes were wide open in shock.

The boy with spiky blonde hair landed on top of the mutilated machine, its bits scattered across the small road you stood in, and glared at you one more time before he turned just as another robot came when it heard the loud explosion.

'That one is mine!' You thought determined.

You raised your hand again sucking the energy out. But again, the blonde male who stole your robot did so again by attacking the robot before it went down from your quirk.

You frown in distaste wanting to yell at the male for stealing your points but you halted your opened mouth when Shōtō's words. 'Don't anger the other participants. You can't make enemies this early' You bit back your words looking down.

"Well? Are you gonna fucking say anything?" He bellowed making you blink in surprise at the powerful and fiery energy that radiated off from him.

"Uh..." You were about to speak to him but were cut off when Present Mic announced the remaining time. "Six minutes and 24 seconds!"

The blonde clicked his tongue angrily before running off. "If you wanna fucking say something, then say it!" He growled dashing off already able to blow up two more robots that came down the street. It was because of the loud bang, that more came, even some other participants.

This made your eyes widen. "I'm wasting time... There might not be any points left!" You worriedly thought and dashed on.

But no matter where you look, all you can see were destroyed robots or other participants destroying the few that aren't. 'Points, points, points...!' You chanted to yourself, always trying to take down robots and always, in the end, someone steals them 'rescuing you'.