Chapter 18: News and Reality

[(A/M): The following contents may be triggering. So beware.]

You watch Shōtō walk away towards the training room that was on the way down the hall. 'It's not fair, it wasn't his fault... He didn't do anything!' You sigh hanging your head in shame.

'I'm sorry... It's all my fault!' You clenched your fist with pursed lips. 'Maybe I could call father and try to properly convince him...' Exhausted, in a way. You sat on the couch located in your modern-ish style living room. You reached for the remote to turn on the television.

'But would he believe me? What if he thinks that Shōtō told me to do this and would double the punishment?' You sigh putting down the phone you unconsciously took out.

'If only I had not thought of that shameful thought then Shōtō wouldn't have to be put in that situation...' You thought knocking your head scolding yourself.

"--and the investigation goes on with the villain attack of UA's first year, Class 1A. Back to you." Your ear twitched at the new information shown on the Tv. Out of curiosity, you took your phone from the coffee table in front of you. You paused in your actions though.

'Should I really meddle in? Clearly... I think this has something to do with Shōtō but everything I get involved in seems to bring pain misfortune to my brother...'

Finger hovering over the search button you looked back from where your brother had exited through and back to your phone screen.

"Daily News: UA students attacked by Villains!"

[--]

Shōtō panted as pushed himself through his exhaustion. Continuing his pushups without missing a beat his grunt were the only sound that's heard in the vast room. There at the door, you stand. You are aware that he is mindful that you are standing at the door with a readable aura of someone who wants answers.

But both of you said nothing while Shōtō continued his pushups.

"Yes, (Y/N)? Is it lunch already?" Shōtō asked standing up from the floor to get his face towel. "I didn't think the time has really passed that fast..." He comments making you purse your lips for hundredth of times that day.

"I just want to ask you something..." You mutter but Shōtō heard it clear as day as he approached you.

"Is it important?"

"I am not sure, it depends on you." You say shyly clasping your hands behind your back. "Then what is it?" Shōtō titled his head in confusion.

"Uh..." You cleared your throat for a moment "Why haven't you told me about... The attack of those villains yesterday?" You nervously asked unsure if you should even bring this up. Shōtō was silent for a couple of seconds before replying.

"...Where have you heard about that?"

"It's all over the news... I wouldn't have found out about it if it weren't for the Tv..." You explained hearing reply with a small sigh. "Why haven't you told me?" You asked already have knowing the answer he is going to use.

"I didn't think it is important for you to know." Was the reply you were waiting for.

"B-But..! What if you got hurt badly? Or something really bad happens?" You squeak with worry evident in your eyes but Shōtō shook his head. "But nothing terrible happened, I didn't get hurt and I am here, aren't i?"

"Wasn't it scary?" You tried to pry him, hoping you aren't pushing his patience or something.

"No." Was your brother's reply "None of them even put up a good fight, none but the leader of the arrangement."

"You fought the leader!?" You gasp

"Why are you yelling? It's over anyways, All Might came and straighten them out." Shōtō huffed walking back into the room already having the full intention to continue his training.

"Can't I worry about sometimes!?" You accidentally yell making him halt.

"Worry?" Shōtō repeated in a confused tone. "(Y/N), I really doubt it. Concern is a negative emotion, isn't it?" You gulped silently lowering your head with droopy eyes.

"Yeah...? I-In a way--"

"Don't delusion yourself, (Y/N). I know you don't really worry about it. I didn't want to point it out since it makes you happy to believe you are capable of such a thing." Shōtō's words rang in your head.

'Was that really how he thought? He was just acting? So... Everything that he did out of my 'worry' just caused by a normal reaction??' Pain suddenly coursed through your chest without warning almost making you gasp and choke but you held it in.

Not wanting to look at his backside you quickly scurried away and to the nearest bathroom.

You burst into the enclosed room and slammed the door shut. 'I can't breathe!' You choke stumbling to the toilet. Immediately once your head hangs over the bowl, a suffocating force started to push up to your throat.

With tear-filled widen eyes, you watch the contents of your stomach emptied out into the waters.

'Ever since we entered UA... We suddenly we're thrown away from each other... It must be his classmates... Shōtō must have found something interesting or something...' The thought brought a smile to your drooling lips. 'It's my fault for being so pushy... Gosh, I was so stupid... I already brought misfortune to him just this morning... Why didn't I just wait until maybe he was willing to talk about it...'

You leant over the sink staring at stressed features. But even so, you were still able to see a plastic wide smile on your lips.

'My cheeks hurt...' Was your only thought as you continue to stare at your other-self. 'Would Shōtō like me better if I can cry like a normal person?' You traced your finger over your cheek in thought.

'Oh what an amazing thought... To cry... To get mad...' You let out a hum of curiosity before you stare at your cheeks reflection.

With a press of your finger, you let your nail drag against your skin. You pressed it with such force that you can see red liquid seeping from the cracks of your torn skin. 'Huh...I knew it...' You blinked at the sight of the viscous liquid before you sigh and watch it close as quickly as how it was torn.

You looked at the eyes of your own reflection as if you were trying to find something but found nothing.

"It really hurts..."

Bzzzt...