Chapter 62: Study Group

[A/M:] Happy New Year and Merry Christmas guys. Sorry for not updating during the last two Friday's but you know it's holidays --Not like we have much free time or anything-- and you know family and whatnot, so I'll be updating with another chapter after this so enjoy guys! 2021 don't fail us now.

"It would be a waste if you didn't become a hero in the future though."

'It would be a waste wouldn't it?' you thought to yourself with a hum. 'So much has been invested in me. And not once did I ever reject them. Instead, I was all on board on being this hero everyone sees me as...'

After being curious, you used a search engine on your phone, and lo and behold, you were a hot topic in regards to future heroes. You were extremely flattered by all the praise and felt heavy with all the expectations. You even got all embarrassed when you saw a quick interview clip of the young boy, you met by the train station some time ago, look up to you so earnestly and passionately. 

"Hey, Arata, what made you want to work in Minato-san's ramen-ya and be his student?"

You asked the ginger-haired boy who looked over to you with his vibrant green eyes. The older male gave you an unfocused gaze as his fingers unconsciously grazed over his small scar on his left temple. A small smile came to his lips that made him look charming before answering you.

"It makes me happy."

"It does?" you replied confused, "Does it make you happy that you keep getting beaten up by Minato-san all the time?"

"U-Uh no, not that kind of happy." Arata chuckled lowly, "When I was young, I was a big sports fan. I wanted to compete professionally, and I was really good at it. But one day, I was caught in a serious accident and when I recovered, I couldn't play sports ever again..."

The sad look in his eyes and the aura that seeped from him had you frowning. Your heart clenched at the sad realization that Arata had to give up something he loved. "In my darkest days, I found Minato-sensei's ramen-ya. He gave me a free bowl and told me to eat, I never realized how much I was holding back till I took a bite."

"It became something I genuinely enjoy, and slowly became something I wanted to do."

"Oh..." you mumbled in awe as Arata bashfully scratched the back of his neck. "This wasn't something I prepared for when I was young, but it's not something I would give up if given the chance. I wouldn't know where I would be if I didn't found this place."

"It's safe to say, 'I picked up a stray'." Minato bluntly added appearing from the back. It had Arata flinching in shock, "Sensei...!" He looked hurt, but you can tell that it was all jokes.

"What are you doing here making small talk? You have dishes to clean. Hurry up!" huffed the elder. With a pout the male trudged to the back, hearing you giggle at the man's antics.

"How about you Minato-san?" you asked visibly interested. But he waved you off carelessly, "It's just something I was brought upon by my family." he said massaging his shoulders. "I would have picked something else but, you know what kid?"

"If you can do it well, what's the harm of pursuing it?"

'Pursuing the path to being a hero...' you thought with a hum as you spotted Tokage waving over to you by the entrance of a cafe near the train station. Alongside her were Komori, Tetsutetsu, Honenuki, Awase, and Shiozaki who all looked very different and unique in their own civilian style.