Chapter 49: Mom Is Gone (2)

Staying in the hospital was rather new for you. You were often left to feel alone and when you asked, you were told you weren't allowed to have visitors yet.

It lasted for two more days. The first day was having to meet a few different doctors for some odd reason. Followed by a couple of nurses coming to check up on you and give you tests.

It was scary, but that was when you realized that you didn't mind when they stuck their needles into your skin to draw out blood.

You didn't mind being surrounded by all these weird people, and weird beeping equipment.

You just sat there. Confused and curious. To your relief, after the results of your test arriving. You were finally visited by your siblings who all looked at you with worry.

"(Y/N)!" They came running in, earning scolds from the nurse who guided them here.

"How are you? Do you need anything?" Fuyumi asks immediately taking your small hands in hers as she looks into your greyish blue hues.

"If you want something you can tell us! We'll make sure to get whatever it is you want!" Natsuo added trying to look mature as if he was trying to take his big brother role seriously. But the childish tone in his voice ruined his act and in turn made him look so cute.

"Don't worry too much about the white walls in here, " Lastly added with a weak smile "Once you get better, you can sleep with us. We could share a room and play every night!"

Hearing all of your older siblings fuss earned a light giggle from you. Patting your lap to calm you down you replied to them;

"Awe, but how about Shoto? He's gonna be awfully lonely with mom out of town!"

The siblings froze in their place, shocked at the words that left your lips. "What do you mean, (Y/N)?" Natsuo stuttered feeling his heart crack in betrayal as you looked at him in confusion.

"Oh, you don't know?" You mumble with a hum. "That's strange of you to forget big brother Natsuo! It's already been a week since mom went out on a bisanest* trip!"

Toya furrowed his brows in confusion. What on earth are you talking about?? Your mother did not go on a business trip. She's in the hospital. This hospital. In a room very far from yours. What made you think she was on a business trip??

"What are talking about, (Y/N)? Mom is here--"

"--in Japan." Enji's voice cut in as he shut the door once he entered. Seeing him, you beamed in excited with your arms outstretched as if you wanted an upsie.

"Daddy!" You cheered.

Enji gave your head a soft pat before looking at his other children with a strong stare. "Excuse us for a bit, (Y/N). The hospital complained about a trio of kids running down the halls earlier." He mutters leading the three out of the room promising to come back once he was done scolding.

But instead of scolding like he said. He brought the children further away from your room into an empty hall where he finally looked at their confused faces.

"From this day on. If ever you mention about your mother. There are three things you have to pretend are true." He immediately started not wanting to dabble.

"One, your mother is out on a business trip. Two, she is not that close with (Y/N) and doesn't get along with her." The more Enji does not explain the reason why he was telling them this. The more his children got confused and angry.

"And three, your mother is the one that hits (Y/N)." That was the last straw, immediately Toya burst out with anger.

"What do you mean mom was the one who (Y/N)? She would never do that! The one who ever hits in this family is y--" before Toya could finish. A harsh glare was sent his way causing him to flinch as he notices some people passing by trying to be noticed and disturb the seemingly 'scolding parent' and 'trouble-making kids'.