Chapter 44: The End of the Sports Festival

You let out a soft groan, prying your eyes to make up. You were blinded by the light as the leaves shifted in the wind making you sigh in content.

"What are you looking at?" Asked a small voice who walked up to you in a shy and skittish manner. Their face caused a sweet smile to latch on to your lips making you sit up to their side on the soft blades of grass that tickled your legs exposed from under your dress uniform.

"I am looking at the sky!" You chirp earning a soft hum in reply from your friend.

"When is your dad gonna pick you up?" They asked. In turn, you looked around watching the other students leave with their parents or guardian, smiling ever so carelessly. "Soon I guess, " you mutter.

"How about your dad?" You ask watching their face falter as they let out a little laugh. "It's my uncle who is gonna pick me up." That said watching you say a curt 'oh'.

"Well, I haven't met my uncle or aunts, yet." You giggle playing with your short pink hair.

"Maybe my big sister might puck me up today! Or maybe my older brother..." You fantasize before gasping in glee wondering what it would be like if your whole family greeted you at the gate of your preschool. This made your friend purse their lips for a little moment but they smiled at your silly face and said.

"How are you always so cheery? It's the cause of your quirk, right? I'm jealous!" Finding their hands together you could only smile as you kindly placed one of your own on them.

"Don't worry! I'm here!"

They couldn't help but smile widely feeling contented whispering,

"Thank you... (Y/N)"

[--]

Your eyes slowly broke apart from each other, blinking several times in confusion. 'Where am I?' You asked yourself spotting the woman of the infirmary that quenched your curiosity into mild relief.

"You're awake, " mused the small lady who walked up to you to check if you were fine. "You kids sure wake up faster than you're supposed to!"

Her comment brought a smile on your rosy face adding to her words. "That's what all my doctors say!" You chirp slowly sitting up to see the Tv screen watching a passed out Bakugo and Shoto.

"What happened??" You cried out with worry frantically looking around the room for anything to tell time and how long you have been sleeping for. "Calm down dearie!" hushed Infirmary Girl who wagged her finger dismissively. "Let boys be boys! You can ask them when they arrive here, but for now, you rest!"

"But I'm okay--" you tried to politely decline but the elder woman threw your blanket back on you and orders you to stay or you will miss the awards which successfully made you shut up. Contented with your obedience she left it as that and opened the door for the passed out boy, your brother, in. How you wanted to jump up and go to his side, but the pointed glare Infirmary Girl gave you pursed your lips sitting straight.

Following after him was an unconscious Bakugo. The moment you laid eyes on him, you were hoping that he was secretly sleeping so you can tease him about how his brows were still scrunched up even in his sleep.

But your attention was turned to the teachers that are in the room. They were Midnight, Vlad King, and Cementos. This had you confused watching them wait and discuss something you couldn't hear. Since he was mostly listening to the conversation Vlad King saw your curious gaze and waved off dismissively not answering your silent question as to why they are there.

After a small while of silence, you were about to sleep when your quirk detected rising emotions from to your left. Looking off to the side you saw Todoroki awake sitting up making you also smile and sit up.