Chapter 67: The Practical Exam (2)

It wasn't long into the exams. Most of your time wasted between the two boy's arguments. Now instead of you walking up to the enemy, your enemy, All Might has come to you after an intimidating and powerful first attack.

"We can't fight him directly. Let's run." Midoriya quickly deduced feeling a rush of fear. Grabbing your wrist which was the closest to him and tried to run away, but Katsuki had other plans as he yelled.

"Don't tell me what to do!"

With great force, All Might shot forward at Katsuki who stood his ground. "Kacchan!" Midoriya yelled as you gasp.

"Stun Grenade!" was what you heard and you quickly turned Midoriya's face away. A bright erupted from Katsuki's person momentarily blinding All Might. "You're telling me 'come at you', All Might?"

While All Might hid his eyes away from the bright light Katsuki jumped forward his arm pulled back to attack. 

"You don't have to tell me, I'm--" 

Katsuki's words were caught off. Swiftly recovering, All Might grabbed his face. But instead of pulling away, he let out a barrage of explosions at All Might's face. The adult blonde grunted in pain protecting his face from the explosions Katsuki let out while disregarding himself.

Grabbing his arm and pulling it away, All Might slam Katsuki to the ground, whose concrete pavement was torn off by his first attack. Unknowingly to them, just a split second before he touched the ground. Katsuki's body was surrounded by a faint light, absorbing half of the impact's force.

A large smoke was created, Katsuki gagged in pain as All Might let go.

"Such a weak barrage only gives me a slight sting. And..." 

You felt your eyes widen when you saw the trail of aura prepping a line of action. This vision with the use of aura is like a foresight because you can see aura, you can see where they go. You would normally wonder how many people can move with almost inhuman speed without damaging their skin against the wind, it is because of the aura preparing a route made by the person's will. 

The line of action, you called it.

This is an ability you only began to notice during the sports festival. When Iida revealed his Recipro Burst to the world. You saw a faint line of aura trailing right for Midoriya's group, the color becoming more saturated only when Iida was close like some sort of timer. 

And so with this, you realized where All Might was trying to head. Though this was something still underdeveloped and so you couldn't time yourself to move Midoriya away in time when All Might reappeared behind you.

"--you too, Young Midoriya. Are you going to leave your teammate behind?"

The gaze All Might had again sent shivers down your spine, but it didn't deter you with swift movements you stepped in front of the green-haired boy and called your flames when you realized that he used his quirk to jump back.

You paled at his reckless movements. "Midoriya-san!" you yelp as All Might commented.

"Oh, that's not good."

Midoriya looked back for a split second and saw Katsuki's shocked face. You almost found yourself clicking your tongue at their unsynchronized movements. You canceled your fire and moved to wrap their bodies in aura, or condense light.

The boys crashed into each other and onto the ground but they realized that it did not hurt that much. So with that Katsuki was able to get back up.

"... I'm tired already for some reason." you deadpanned as the boys continued to argue, Midoriya being very adamant to have a strategic retreat and Katsuki hell-bent on living a fantastical victory. 'How can you easily defeat someone who spent his life fighting strong villains? We must be like chickens to them...'