Chapter 21: Words Of Wisdom

You stare at your teacher with shock as they explained more of the topic. "Yes, that's right. There's a chance for any of you to transfer to the hero course. And one of those ways is to do well in the sports festival! With all the heroes and people watching you. For sure, one of you can be transferred."

This was the best information you could ever hear! Sure you may have known this a bit from your brother and father, but to hear it being conformed by your teacher. Oh, how much you're gonna prepare for this event!

At the corner of your vision, you notice a glint in Shinsō's eyes. You smile recognizing that glint.

'It seems that I am not the only one who thought of the same... Shinsō must have wanted to get into the hero course too.' You thought, feeling challenged. Feeling heated gaze on him, Shinsō looked to the side and saw your determined face.

Making eye contact he gave a nod in acknowledgment as you both smirked at each other.

Soon lunch came and for the first time, you notice how Tomodaichi just smiled and left you be as she exits the classroom with her friends. It made you feel a little left out but you know you should be happy she is finally giving you space. Though it really didn't dissipate the feeling of guilt.

You walked out of the classroom and instinctively you began to walk to your training area, but when you got there you paused. 'Why did I go all the way here?' You asked yourself, lost.

You didn't really talk to your brother that much since. It was a weird feeling, but you both really couldn't help but walk side by side with each other even if you didn't talk that much. You both keep ending up being next to each other so much that your siblings thought you made up!

'But we haven't made up yet...' You thought sadly. Why didn't you? Were you both just waiting for the other to speak up for their wrongdoings? Did the other believe that what the opposing side did was wrong?

'I felt so hurt... But thinking about it, was I the wrong one in our fight? That can't be... I was the one hurt... Wasn't I?'

You thought worriedly before you heard the fast shuffling of feet and a distressed aura approaching. 'Are they okay?' Was your first thought as you walk towards the source. Before you even rounded the corridor a large puff of cloud burst out making you jump back in surprise. 'What happened!?' You thought surprised.

"Hello?" You yelp rounding the corner to come face to face with a man dressed in a yellow tuxedo with thin line stripe design.

You seem to have caught him by surprise cause the man ended up choking on his spit, you think, when you suddenly spoke up from behind him. You tilt your head at his reaction before you bow with guilt. "I'm sorry, sensei... I just felt a distressed aura so I got worried." You explained making him wave his hand dismissively but in a panic way.

"N-No need to apologize! I am alright just...! Uh... Worried I would be late!" Said the skinny blonde haired teacher.

"Ah, I see..." You let out a sigh in relief deciding against bringing up the puff of cloud you just saw moments before making your appearance.

Looking at your face again, the blonde adult scrunches his brow in worry before he lowered himself to see you down in eye level. "Are you alright?" Asked the man receiving nothing but a hum of confusion.

"What do you mean?" You asked him, making him think again if he should ask since you didn't notice what he meant.

"Are you feeling well? You look very tired. Did you catch a cold?" You jumped at his assumptions for half of them were true. Had it been that obvious?? Oh, how idiotic of you to be going to school then. Your classmates must have noticed such features.

"I look sickly?" You asked alarmed making him flinch in worry that he had insulted you.

"N-Not necessarily!" He quickly reply trying to clear up what he meant. "You look as if... Something is troubling you deeply. As a teacher, I just wanted to know if you're alright..." You smiled at your teacher's words understanding now what he meant.

"I'm troubled over something..." You started eying the teacher to see if he wanted to hear you out.

"What is it, young one?" He asked unintentionally granting you permission for you to express your troubles to him. You smiled brightly at his reply before you took a deep breath.

[--]

You eyes shimmered when you heard his answer bowing repeatedly thanking him for his words of wisdom. The man's cheeks were dusted with red from flustered feelings as he proceeds to explain that it's his job to hear out his student's problem.

"Thank you so much sensei! I was worried that I wouldn't know how to deal with this.." You bashfully say scratching your cheek.

Giving out a low chuckle, the blonde man pats your shoulder in pride. "Good, now go on, you shouldn't waste your lunch period standing with an old man like me." You let out a chuckle "Sensei, you seem like an old man to me."

"Thank you..er..? I'm sorry for not knowing your name, young..?"

"Ah, I am so sorry!" You jump in the realization that you forgot to introduce yourself. "My name is Todoroki! Uh... Todoroki (Y/N)!" You recited your full name just in case he knows of your brother.

'Choke!' The man flinched almost spitting out blood from shock. Not noticing such act, you proceeded to head off.

"Thank you again for listening to my troubles! I will be going now, excuse me!" You wave walking away. The man waved back but with shock visibly evident on his face. In his head, he thought,

'Endeavor really is better at kids than I am... Who would've known...'

Just a little treat for you guys!