Chapter 65: The Truth About Cool Down

"So our exams are the last ones?" you mumbled over to Midoriya as you both found yourself in the Monitoring Room in the site. "Todoroki-san...? You're not going to strategize with Bakugo?"

A small left your lips that unknowingly embarrassed the freckled boy. A small rosy tint appeared over his cheeks. "Didn't I say to call me (Y/N)? It would be confusing if you call me and my twin our last names all the time," you told him worsening his blush.

"And well, I was thinking that I'll observe first and strategize with you then talk with Katsuki about it and revise." You sheepishly laughed. "I didn't know you and Katsuki don't get along to this degree, so I was a bit taken aback by how fast he decided to head to the examination site."

"Sorry, you had to see that..." Midoriya nervously chuckled watching you wave him off.

"It's fine. It's fine. I also wanted to see Shōtō's match before I warm up anyway." 

"Now that I think about it... Can I ask a bit about your quirk? All I heard from Present Mic, back in the festival, is that you have the ability to take energy." You could see Midoriya's eyes glisten with curiosity that had you blinking in a bit of a small daze at his eagerness.

"Well... It's not really taking energy per say. I am just removing energy residue from a person's body."

Midoriya tilted his head with confusion, hearing a term he has never heard before. "Residue?"

"That's my official title to it. You know that when you use water to clean something in a bowl the water gets dirty? It's the same as energy, and the process of mixing clean, new energy with energy residue is what makes you tired. Removing the energy residue from the clean energy is one of the most common things I do with my quirk aside from sensing."

"S-So is that why?" Thinking back to the festival, there was a time that he was really exhausted. Yet after a moment he suddenly felt it wash away.

"B-But if you said that mixing energy residue and clean energy makes you tired then what about you...?" You laughed at his worried look and answered him, "My body is a natural filter. Energy residue is not bad for me. Instead, it acts as another external supply I can use."

"Then the quirks copying...?"

"Copying? Ah, no!" you waved your hands frantically to remove any thoughts of that in the freckled boy's suspicions, "I am borrowing the quirk. When I absorb energy from other people, most of the time these energies have essence of a person's quirk in them. In the end, I just stockpile these essences to add more power to my condense energy attacks but I can use these quirks at a decent mastery because they have these instinctual instructions."

"I could either learn from these instructions up by using the quirk often. Or I just rely on the mastery of the quirk's original owner since depending on how much the person knows their own quirk. It reflects how detailed these instructions are."

"Such a complex quirk... To make and name a whole new system with them in mind..." mumbled the green-haired boy, not seeing the stink eye you had as you gaze away from him.

'Yeah... So complex. It was just supposed to be a quirk that can absorb energy. I wonder who made such a quirk like this...'

"That would mean that you can absorb as much energy residue as you can."

"Nope!"

"No?"

"Energy is not unlimited, though you can use external sources or own a large energy pool, there is always a limit to things." You explained letting out a small hum before telling Midoriya, "Do you remember the move I did against Ashido."