Chapter 42: What Will You Do Now?

Heavy footsteps echoed in the hallway in the stadium. In a daze and unsure, the man was aimlessly walking without a destination in mind. But it seems that he already has one in mind. And he came to a full stop as he noticed the dual-colored hair of his 3rd son.

Shoto stared at the man with stone-cold eyes. Standing as a barrier between him and the room he stopped by. "What are you doing here?" He asked in a monotone voice, his hands deep within the pockets of his pants, but both were tingling to activate his quirk just to make his old man leave the place.

"Can't I come to congratulate?" The man gruffed causing Shoto to deepen his glare.

"Congratulate with what? A new training regime?"

"Don't you have a match to go to?" Enji mused causing the boy to click his tongue. "I have all the time in the world to stop you from getting inside this room."

"Do you have time to keep her inside?"

Enji retorted causing his so to click his tongue in annoyance. "What will you do now?" Shoto barked having enough of the small talk the two males were sharing, unknowingly dreading the middle-aged man to make a decision there.

"What do you mean so?" He deeply replied, not in a questioning way. But more of testing his son's resolve. "I will not let (Y/N) be exploited by you," Shoto growled causing his father to smirk. "Hah, you think that just because you said so, means that I won't do what I intended to do?" his words causing anger to boil in Shoto. Being so fresh from his anger and confusion, all he could think about was now he has to deal with what he has been fearing ever since (Y/N) revealed to him her unique ability.

"Pssst!" your 9-year-old self called for the boy who was sitting outside on the platform looking out to the garden. "Psst! Shoto...!"

With a sigh, Shoto looked back at you with dull serious eyes. Watching you waddle to him like the giggly child you are, "I wanna show you a secret!" she said kneeling before him that urged him to face her to give his full attention. "What is it?" he muttered half interested with what you wanted to tell him. Honestly, he was just so disconnected from the world, he could really find amusement in what little things you say anymore.

"Watch..." you whisper showing him your hands. Shoto looked as bored as he always was, but the moment he saw dancing flames along with a floating in your hands he immediately shot up. "Shoto--Eep!"

You in shock as Shoto suddenly jumped forward to grab hold of your shoulders, unintentionally pushing you against the floor. "Don't!" he yell with scared eyes. Holding on to you as if you will disappear in seconds. "Don't do that-- Don't ever use it!" confused and scared of your brother's off behavior. You couldn't help but cry, snapping him out from his episode.

"(Y/N)... (Y/N) I'm so sorry," He mutters changing his hold on you to loop his arms around your smaller form, resting your head on his shoulder. He strokes your hair soothingly to calm the soft sniffles from you. "I didn't mean to scare you..." he hushed rubbing his cheek over your head. "I just got so worried that the fire might hurt your soft fingers."

"What do you mean?" You giggle at your twin snuggling closer to him happily, "They don't hurt me, I made them!"

"Yes, but because you made them, you might get hurt."

"Oh... Is it that bad? I'm sorry, Shoto... I didn't mean to do any harm" you say pouting to which he used his knuckles to wipe off the tears on your cheek. "It's okay, just promise me that you won't use it again."

"Okay, I won't use this so that I won't harm anyone!" Shoto sighed with an amused smile before yelping as you quickly took advantage to snuggle up with your twin. Causing laughter to escape from the both of you, through the smile hid a pained look that Shoto who held onto you tightly as he could.

'I promise won't let dad hurt you...'

"Oh? You're both here?" Both males jumped in shock as the star of the show exited the waiting room with a sweet smile. "Did I do good in my fight?" You eagerly asked unintentionally easing the tense atmosphere from earlier. Just as Shoto parted his lips, he was quickly beaten to the chase by their father.

"You call that a fight? Your opponent could barely match your skill," Enji said taking his son by shock, but he quickly recovered when he noticed you looking for his approval. "It was incredible, (Y/N). You made this far. Perhaps there could be a chance they would transfer you to the hero course." he says causing you to squeal in excitement taking both male's arms into your hold as if to hug them both.

"I did well!~" You sang interlocking fingers with your brother and father as you swayed their hands like a little child. Both really didn't have the heart to ruin your mood.

EIther was content with the situation despite it being an odd sight to see for so many. Including the redhead who was supposedly heading to the waiting room. 'What on earth was that tense glare off!?' Kirishima wondered shitless as he hid behind the corner against the wall. 'Just earlier there was this unbearable aura and now it all disappeared the moment (Y/N) went out!' Looking over the corner he spotted the trio doing just fine looking more like two bodyguards watching over an important child, if they didn't look related in a way, with the girl oblivious to what took place earlier.

Kirishima hid again sighing to himself in amusement admitting to himself silently, 'Well it can't be helped... (Y/N) charm is very influential, I wouldn't be surprised if even villains get charmed--'

"Oh, it is you,"

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!!" Kirishima fell back as if his life was kicked out of his body with a sudden surprise attack. You were so silent that he didn't even hear you coming to greet him. Panting to regain his pride, Kirishima stood up straight and smiled down at you saying, "Are you a ninja, (Y/N)? You suddenly appeared out of nowhere I was taken by surprise!" he said causing you to laugh at his excitement, "Teach me your ways! I wanna use this to get back at Kaminari!"

"Sure! It's fun anyway! The look on your face is very amusing!" you chirp but you noticed that his face contorted into a fearful look that caused you to tilt your head in confusion, "Kirishima are you okay?" you wonder leaning forward to see if he was feeling unwell but you paused as two different hands, one large and one smaller, rest on your shoulder to pull you back towards them.

"Oh, father, Shoto. Sorry, I left like that, I just wanted to greet my friend!"

"Ah, I see," Enji mutters unconsciously showing the 'scary dad' face as he looked at the other redhead who sweats under the intense gaze. "Kirishima, I recalled that your match is next right? Sorry, we must have been in your way." Shoto says as calmly as he could.

But Kirishima can quickly sense the menacing aura both Todoroki males are emitting and cleared his throat. "Y-Yeah! I was just going down this way, so I hope you can excuse m-me." squeaking like a mouse, he slipped away nervously waving goodbye to the little lady of the trio. "Good luck on your match, Kirishima!"

Watching him leave the room, you turned to the males smiling brightly as them, once again taking their hands and hugging them. "You were scaring my friend weren't you?"

"Was it that obvious?" Shoto smoothly asked with a ghost smile causing you to puff your cheeks like a chipmunk.

"I'm not that dense!"

'...Sure'