Chapter 17: The Blame

Shōtō glared into the eyes of his father as the large man approach the two with a deep frown.

"Did Shōtō bully you?"

You jump at his conclusion and shook your head, "N-No! That's not the case! I just uh..." You looked around trying to find an excuse aside from using the fact that

'--my brother was so good with words I fangirled.'

"Shōtō, you don't bully your sister," Enji says pulling you to his with both of his large hands secured on your shoulders as he stared down at his son. "(Y/N), if your brother is being mean to you, don't hesitate to speak up to me."

You panic and tried to shook your head. "That is not the case, father--"

"How bold of you to think I would such things." Shōtō mutter with underlying anger, glaring at his father.

"I don't just ignore everything when I am out on hero duty, I've always noticed how boys often bully girls, so I have been keeping an eye on you just in case you also bully your sister." Shōtō squints his eyes in annoyance.

"I would never do such thing to (Y/N)."

"Then why did she scream? You're the only other person in this room. And if you weren't bullying, then (Y/N) can easily tell me the reason." Enji sternly spoke. Though he did had a point but it was really not the case.

You bit your lip as you nervously looked at your father over your shoulder. Though he didn't catch your uncomfortable face since he was so focused on his standoff with Shōtō.

'I really don't want to say why I screamed, cause I am so embarrassed about it...' You thought 'But if I don't then, Shōtō would get in trouble for something he didn't do!'

You took a deep breath and looked at Enji, "Father--"

"I am very sorry, (Y/N)"

Your breath hitched in shock. "Isn't that easier than to make your sister make up excuses?" Enji smirk pleased that Shōtō didn't give a fight about it before patting your back.

"Yes, it was... I'm sorry for making you cover up my actions, (Y/N)" you felt your heart dip with sadness and guilt as you stare at Shōtō who was bowing deeply to you.

"What do you say in return?"

You blink looking between the two males. "But--"

"Don't worry, you don't have to cover for me, anymore," Shōtō says in a tone you picked up. The glint in his eyes was just telling you to just roll with it. But you had yourself biting your tongue. You don't want to make your brother the bad guy!

But the glint and message in his eyes made you give in. You trust your brother with his decision.

"I forgive you, Shōtō. You are my brother, so I don't mind if it was you." Though it made you feel so guilty and at fault, Shōtō acted like it didn't bother him.

"Good, but to make up for your behavior, I think it's best you double your training. I had expected that the matter yesterday was just a walk in the park for you. But if it was then it should've not taken so long." Enji ranted with crossed arms ignoring Shōtō's hardening glare.

'Matter yesterday?' Your mind rewind at the thought 'Did Shōtō got into a fight?'.

"Don't eat lunch today as punishment for that." Was the redhead's last order.

The curiosity of wanting to know what happened yesterday was burning itself into your mind. But you already noticed the growing tension from the misunderstanding moments ago. It encouraged you to be the one to ease up the atmosphere.

"I-I think that's enough..." You nervously squeak getting in between of their glaring contest, unbeknownst to you. "It's still early in the morning and the food is getting cold. We should eat now!"

Letting out a hum, Enji calmly nodded and went to sit at the head of the table. You and Shōtō followed after with you taking a seat between the two.

"It's already cold..." You mutter sadly, wondering if the food would still be delicious.

"If it is cold, then that shouldn't be a problem." Your father remarked as heat radiated off from his hand, you noticed Shōtō also doing the same.

'Oh right.'

[--]

After finishing the newly warmed breakfast, your father bid you goodbye and left for work, leaving you and your brother to clean up.

As Shōtō washed the dishes, you placed the extra food away and cleaned up the table. But sometimes, you would catch yourself peeking over to Shōtō. It was clear that earlier events still bothered you, but then again it was still fresh in your head for you to get over.

"What is it?" Shōtō spoke up, aware of the holes you bore into the back of his head.

"Why did you take the blame? I could've just told father that it was a misunderstanding..." You mutter slightly clenching the cloth used to wipe the table.

Shōtō stared at the water thinking for the right words to say before turning it off and look over to your turned back. "Didn't you say you were embarrassed about it?"

"Yeah, but it shouldn't be the reason for why you got misunderstood as a bully," You told him, not hiding the still pain in your eyes when you met gazes. "I feel so at fault, I didn't mean to get you in trouble..."

Shōtō aired a chuckle before he walked up to you from behind and hugged you so tenderly, it felt warm and made you all giddy. Yet again, you felt your blood rush to your cheeks.

"I am sorry for making you feel at fault, but I couldn't stand and watch you give away some embarrassing information to him"

'Information? It's just an embarrassing thought...' You thought with a nervous chuckle. "Its such a petty thing  though..." you mutter not convinced. "Surely it's not that important to keep to myself."

"I want to look after you, if its to protect your honor I will not hesitate."

You felt your mind whirl at such a fast pace, you couldn't think straight. The only thing present in your mind was: "How bold can he be to say something like that!? It's like hearing it from a knight!" you fangirled inside your head.

"Fine!" You say in a stubborn manner with puffed cheeks, "You better not take it back after all this!"

"Never," He mutters nuzzling your cheeks together like a cat "If It's for you, I wouldn't mind."

Author's Message:

I am literally just oozing with fluff. It is so refreshing to make a sibling reader where the reader isn't too young to not be able to have some romantic/incest-like moments with and not estranged that they are almost completely separate from their sibling's personal life. Then again, its probably because that Shōtō is the only one that can pull it off with either denying it or get embarrassed. XD

Edit (10-13-20): That said, this is not incest! I repeat! Everything is platonic!! This is anime so let your fantasy roam. XD