Chapter 14: What Is Going On?

After waiting for the teachers to finish getting rid of the media from the school perimeter, the day continued as usual.

But by the time dismissal struck, odd things start to occur. "Todoroki-chan! Want to go somewhere with me?" Tomodaichi blocked your pathway to the door closing in you with pleas. Her breach of personal space here was no surprise, the fact that she wouldn't take no for an answer was worrying.

"I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to stay out late..." You tried to explain but the blonde had none of it and started to drag you off by the arm.

"Come on! We're friends, aren't we?? Let's have fun like normal friends!"

Tomodaichi was being very pushy and it was making a scene in your classroom. Whispers of pity erupt from your by standing classmates as they witness what was happening.

"It's so noisy..." Thought Shinsō as he, too, was watching the scenario play.

Noticing Tomodachi's original friends, Shinsō approaches them. "Is Tomodaichi not going with you for some reason?" He mumbles to the girls who held slightly annoyed faces while watching Tomodaichi press on with you.

"I don't know what's wrong with her, she changed for some reason." One of the girls shrugged with a slightly annoyed look. "Plus, it was her decision, she didn't want to go for barbeque."

Shinsō aired out an annoyed sigh before making his way to the duo.

"Come on, please!? You have to come with me, I promise it won't be a waste!"

"Tomodaichi, I really have to be home today. I-It's important." You tried to get your hand out of her hold feeling uncomfortable with the girl. The girl only whined more it was starting to get on your nerves a bit.

'I have to be sure not to make Shōtō anymore angry than he seems to be now...' You thought worrying that your brother may be getting impatient.

You then remembered that your brother said if you're in a situation where nothing else works, use your quirk. Trying to calm your erratic brain you let a soft sigh. You felt your quirk start to slowly take the energy of active blonde through your joint hands--

"Todoroki, I forgot," You blinked in surprise as Shinsō suddenly, out of nowhere, came in between you and Tomodaichi making her suddenly releasing her hold from your wrist.

" You were planning to show me something today? We can stop by on our way to your house." 

With the sudden lack of energy, once her pillar of balance (you) was out of her hold, Tomodaichi stumbled back through the door and into the crowd of students just outside. Laughter erupted from both inside and outside the classroom.

Tomodaichi felt so embarrassed, her face turning red as steam rolled out of her ears. Without a word she quickly ran away from the crowd.

"What's with her?" Shinsō muttered to himself in confusion 'And here I thought I have to put some more effort...' Turning to you with some hint of worry in his tone, Shinsō  asked. "You alright? Do you have any bruise?" He asked making you jump with nervousness.

"U-Um... I think not..." You say slightly looking down in a shy way.

"Check to make sure, It looked like Tomodaichi was holding your arm in a tight grip." Shinsō insisted making you inwardly sigh in defeat 'The quicker it's done, the quicker I can go home...'

"You surprisingly has sensitive skin. There are a few bruises." Commented Shinsō .

'Yeah, it's a downer...' You thought

"Let's head over to Recovery Girl to get something for them." Without warning, Shinsō placed two hands on your shoulder and guided you to the infirmary.

"W-Wait what?" You squeak in surprise 'I just wanna go home..!'

[--]

"Here you go!" Chirp the elderly lady as she handed you wrapped ice to put on your arm.

"Thank you, Recovery Girl..." You bashfully say earning a sweet chuckle from her. "It's fine, next time though," She trailed giving a pointed stare to Shinsō who comically sweat dropped at his situation "Be more careful next time!" She scolded.

"It wasn't him, Recovery Girl" you tried to ease but she still wanted to reprimand him.

In the end, she let it off for now and allowed you both to take your leave.

Now walking out the large entrance door, you and Shinsō basked in the afternoon rays of the sun. With a worried look, you looked around the open area.

"Who're you looking for?" Shinsō asked watching you hum in disappointment.

"I am looking for my brother... I took so long to get out, he may have left without me..." You pout.

Shinsō looked around as well before looking at you and the setting sun. "I could take you home." He suddenly spoke out shocking both himself and you. "I mean--"

"Okay, " you answer making his eyes widen.

"Huh? Really?"

"Well... Y-Yeah!" You reply twiddling your thumbs in a shy manner "I was a bit scared earlier and... I don't want to walk alone..." You pursed your lips your voice trailing off. Shinsō sighed but was unconsciously holding a small smile.

"Well, come on." Shinsō started to walk making you scurry after him.

"You don't need to take me all the way home though..!" You squeak.

"If you say so..."

"Thank you again, Shinsō." You smile brightly at him making the purple-haired male blink. He scratched the tip of his pink-ish nose.

"It's nothing... But you owe me." You giggle at his embarrassed actions before starting to skip along.

"Come on then!" You felt a small vibration in your pocket making you check your phone. "Who is it?" Shinsō asked.

Taking a moment to look at the screen of your phone, your smile fell and you sighed 'I thought so...'

"It's nothing..." You mutter. 

"I take it your brother arrived home?" Shinsō guessed earning a shrug from you.

Shinsō sighed again before patting your back "Hey, let's eat first before I walk you home, your paying though."

"Oh? Well then, okay!" You chirp 'I have been coming back to Arata and Minato-san's ramen shop pretty often recently... and I have always been the one paying...' You remember before shrugging it off and start to listen to Shinsō's conversation.

Behind you, there was a figure who left the large doors of UA. Their angered eyes followed after you before a small chirpy smile that hid a darker meaning grew on their lips. 

"You said you were going to meet with your brother..." They mutter lowly.

"So who is he?"

2 chapters yay. See y'all in a looong while 😩