Chapter 33: The Recreational Games

Lunch ended with a contented and stuffed belly. Now standing next to your quiet purple-haired friend, you watch as everyone crowd around the stage once again discussing for the tournament battles.

'The tournament battles... Oh yeah, I actually watched a match from last year from my classmates in middle school. They explained to me how there is always a one on one at the end of the sports festival...' You recalled before your scrunched your brow in confusion as you why you just remembered it now.

"What on earth are those class A girls thinking?" Tomodaichi grumbled lowly once she made her way next to you.

Looking over to the direction she was staring at, you blinking in shock at the outfits they were wearing. The ones that are similar to the American cheerleaders that were performing at the platform over the walls of the coliseum-like structure of the stadium.

"What so wrong with it, Tomodaichi?" You giggle watching her pink cheeks darken as she looks away.

"N-Nothing really..."

"Do you want to wear one?" You asked her. Tomodaichi's face soon turned blood red as steam left her ears despite her covering her shameful face. "I... I'd rather see you in one..."

"I'm sorry? Come again?" You edge closer trying to hear what the purple-eyed female blonde mutter under her breath. In alarm, she jumps in surprise and quickly scurries away. "Shut up! I am on meds!" She suddenly blurts out making your face scrunch in confusion.

"What's wrong with her?" Shinso asked looking at the direction the girl ran away to. You shrugged in reply unable to answer since you didn't understand yourself.

"Now we'll draw lots to determine the pairings." Midnight announced as she holds a yellow box that was entitled 'Lots' in markers, "Once the pairings are determined, the battle will start after the recreation. The 16 finalists can choose whether or not to participate in the recreation, as some may want to rest or save their strength."

Just as Midnight was about to head down the steps, a hand raised itself above the heads of the crowd. "I want to withdraw." You heard causing you and some people around to exclaim in shock.

"Ojiro! Why?" You heard making you wonder who this Ojiro person is since that the voice who exclaimed was the Midoriya boy, from what you recognize.

With a frustrated huff, you look over to Shinsō with a pout. "Shinsō... Who are they talking about I can't see..." You mutter making the boy smirk at your predicament giving you a teasing expression as he placed his thumb under his chin in a thoughtful manner.

"Hmm... Must be your height that is the problem." He sang making you blush in embarrassment his words.

"W-Whatever..! J-Just tell me who are they talking about!" You plead. The boy looked ahead before sideglancing at you.

"Are you sure?" He asks before bending down sideways whispering in your ears. "Maybe you just want to as it proves the fact that you are too short to see. Need me to pick you up, kitten?" He jokes patting your head in a manner that slightly nudges you lower than your current height.

Having enough you swatted his hands away giving up, "Fine, fine! Don't tell me who this person is! Just tell me when the lots are gonna be drawn!"

With a satisfied smirk he looked back just in time when another person requested to back out as well, this popped your interest but was discouraged by the teasing glance Shinso gave you again making you pout and cross your arm like a disappointed child.

'Too cute...' Shinsō mused before he paid attention to the front for the last time.

"All I can say is that two people were exchanged... Good enough?"