Chapter 43: Sound Of A Cheat

After the short while, your father had returned to his place while you and Shoto stayed a bit far from where your class sits. He suggested this since he worries if you might be bombarded again with questions and stress. And you both know that none of the students know your full capacity and are bound to question. As well as question your resolve to not use your quirk to its fullest before and allowed yourself to fall in the other classes.

Plus if you tried to explain to them why Shoto would then be viewed as the bad guy and its usually hard for you to make an elaborate lie on the spot when so many people who know how to read you are around.

"Go Bakugo...! Go Kirishima...!" You whisper trying to not disturb the people before you. Shoto silent as can be stared at your childish yet cute gestures. He feels extremely annoyed, but he'd rather not throw a tantrum for something that is natural for you to do. "Oh... So many explosions! I will make sure to watch out." You mumble in thought paying close attention to the match.

"..."

'Shoto is staring at me for a full 3 minutes... Did I do something wrong?' You inwardly panic. The said boy wanted to say something so bad, but what was in his mind was rather simple and almost cute in a way. 'I want to talk to (Y/N) about how to use the ice... but she seems to already have a good concept about it...' Shoto ended his silence with a soft sigh causing you to jump.

"I-Is there something wrong, Shoto?" you squeak watching his scratch the back of his head. "Do..." he tried to say but ended up biting his tongue in embarrassment. Though wanting to hear more, you pried a bit to him to which he replied, with his cheeks turning as red as cotton candy on his skin.

"...Do you need help... with the ice quirk..?" he asked with a low voice that had you confused

'Help?' You repeated looking at him to question again but the moment you spotted the soft pink on his cheeks as he looked away embarrassed.

'(Y/N).exe has stopped working'

"Y-Yes! please help me!" you quickly say causing him to blink but nonetheless he smiled slightly making your chest swell at the cuteness.

'This is too dangerous to watch...' you thought almost feeling your nose bleed with star-struck eyes. "I-I may have a good grasp on the basics but it's always great to hear from the original owner of the quirk!". How weird it feels for you to speak about your quirk in the open. You spent so much time trying to hide it in that it was almost like second nature.

'This is okay right?' you wonder watching the match between your two friends. 'I feel like... like something like me isn't supposed to exist...'

'Huh... for some reason that phrase makes me feel nostalgic...'

"With Bakugo's intense carpet bombing, he advanced to the third round!" Yelled Present Mic "Now we have the top four players!"

"Oh, it's your turn now... Good luck Shoto!" You chirp watching him leave his spot heading to the exit but before he left your sight, he turned back giving you a small wave saying, "Thank you, (Y/N)... watch... watch me win?" his voice faltered at the end as if he didn't know if he was saying it in the right time.

It made your eyes widen since you recognize the phrase. It was from Tetsutetsu who said that somewhere along the lines when you first met the two hero courses. Your lips curved upwards into a sweet smile as you rushed to give him a hug. "This is for luck! Then, if I win, let's give it our all!"

"You will win for sure," said Shoto ruffling your hair causing you to giggle and he wished you good luck one more time before leaving. Watching his form around the corner you let a light sigh in relief before whining when Shoto's comforting left your range. 'Awe... I wanted to stay with him longer. Its always so hard to be by his side...' you pout slumping.