Chapter 47: Daddy's Ice Pack

Watching the winds dance to the whistle of the wind you let out a small hum as you swung your legs off the wooden porch. Your paper and crayon off to the side, now bored with it.

Letting out strings of hums you looked around. Trying to find something that can turn your frown upside down.

"And what are you doing here, silly monkey!"

A loud squeal left your small lips as laughter soon follow when you felt the ticklish feeling of lips blowing onto your shoulder.

"Tō-nii!!!" You whined with laughter trying to get him to put you down. Toya couldn't but laugh as he lightly threw you in the air to catch you in a firm hug twirling on feet with you in his arms. "Put me down...!" You whined.

"Awe why? Don't chu love your bwig bwother?" Your red-headed brother cooed as he pushed his cheeks against yours that made you grin but grumble.

"No! Now put me down!!" You let a hard kick which resulted in you throwing Toya's balance off before landing on the wood in a small pile.

"Ow... Ugh... Oh, the pain." You pushed yourself up to glare as Toya feigns his pain, dramatically putting an arm over his eyes. "No... It can't be... The light!" Toya playfully groans waving his arms as if he was gonna die. Secretly hoping you would fall for it so he can surprise attack you.

But unfortunately, you were smart enough to see the lie. You quickly lifted yourself to drop over his abdomen. Cause a forced cough to leave his lips.

You watch as he curls up in agony with a cheeky grin before leaning over his form. "To-nii, I'm sowwy, " you say in a guilty voice, but both of you knew the deception it held. With a huff, Toya threw his arms in the arm quickly turning to pull you down in a tight hug. "Oh, you're sorry, huh? Well, I am still in pain so you give your brother a hug! Mwuahahaha!"

More fit of laughter left your lips. Rolling around the wooden floor you and Toya played around the little garden outside your room. Till it caught the attention of your other older siblings.

"Hey, no fair! I wanna play too!" Natsuo grumbled before charging in to catch you. Fuyumi giggled before chasing you and Toya around till you all made your way into the courtyard.

There your nanny stood with a soft smile as she held up a ball that made you gasp and quickly run over to her. "You found it!" You say beaming. Chuckling she handed the ball to you, to which you wasted no time but to kick it towards your brother.

But instead, you accidentally hit Toya from behind his head making the ball bounce away and onto the next floor.

"Hey! Why me again?" Toya pout watching you try to look away as if you were innocent. This though gave you the chance to catch a glimpse of Shoto up on the other floor holding the ball.

"Shoto!" You cheer waving your hands to call him down. "Come play with us! Come! Come!"

Not without a look of uncertainty, Shoto scurried down only to give you the ball. Instead, to his surprise and relief, you grabbed onto his hands pulling along to your older siblings who excitedly smiled at Shoto's arrival.

A small smile ebbed up his lips and with just a large grin, he played along.

But the laughter and smiles only lasted for long. With loud stomps, an intimidating figure entered the courtyard which made the children freeze in their place with wide eyes. Shoto being the worst as his whole body racked with trembles, feeling the glare of his father. The didn't have to do anything to make his presence known. The whole room stared at him with worry.

All but one...

"Daddy!" You squealed, unable to read the room. At your call, Enji quietly looked over to you. Watching you run up to him asking for an upsie with a wide smile.

Toya felt a rush of alarm when you did so. His entire form went rigid at the fear of what your father will do. To everyone's relief, Enji complied with your request. Scooping you up with one arm, as your childish self you played with the scruff of his facial hair, chirping at the prickly feeling.

"Daddy, can Shoto play with us?" You asked earning a hard stare from the man before he directed it to the said boy who flinched visibly.

"Why did he ask you to tell me?"

"No, " you pout playing with his fire mustache mumbling "I wanna play with Shoto. But he always goes with you somewhere." Enji scrunched his face in annoyance before he started feeling the subtle effects of your uncontrollable quirk.

Now with his stressed washed away, he let out a sigh and nodded. Taken by surprise at the squeal you gave of before hugging his neck. "Yaaay! Can he play with for a day!?" Enji sighed in defeat mumbling a small sure.

"Sure--"

"For two days??"

"Okay, but that's final--"

"For four days??"

"Now hold on--"

"For zero days??"

"That doesn't sound too bad--"

"Oh wait I counted wrong. For 5 days?? Please? Please!" You bicker holding his sure as if to feel your desperation, but can already feel it with your quirk draining his annoyance away.

"Fine, a week. Shoto can play with you for a week." Enji grumbles catching you before you fell off his arms from cheering too hard. "I love daddy! He's the best!" You chirp gleefully before gesturing to be placed down.

Enji let out a low sigh complying with your wishes. Watching you waddle away to your siblings with a false headache. "Can't believe I let loose again..." The man sighed pinching the bridge of his nose but felt no heat to his head, no annoyance, no anger.

The fact you stripped him from his anger made his shoulders rather light. And knew very well that the effects would probably last a day given how much you took from him.

'Might as well us my day off to work out...' He thought walking away to leave you and your siblings in victory. Though in truth, all you did was ask him cause you missed your brother. But in Shoto's eyes, to him, you looked like that you were aware of the hard time he was having and took the chance to save him.

In Natsuo's eyes, he saw that you used the special treatment, you had with your father to help Shoto and you all from getting into trouble. Fuyumi saw that her father had a soft spot for you and will do whatever you say

And in Toya's eyes. He saw how you used your quirk to get him to leave. It was a really great quirk, the fact that it leaves the person in a daze and euphoric state that they are practically in a good mood. Maybe if he had that quirk, he could get his father to be nicer to his mom and Shoto. Maybe to the whole family.

These were all the thoughts of your sibling. But to you, you had absolutely no clue that your quirk played a strong factor in the scene at all.

'Daddy is so cool!' You thought happily. Recalling how you tried to grab the flames only to have it swivel around your fingers. 'Maybe he will play with us as well next time!'