Chapter 58: Hospital

The night sped fast as the police and ambulance came. All the young ones were brought to the Hosu General Hospital. 

Including you who was reported to be seen attacked by the Nomu, as they called the 'men'. Thus, you were whisked away to a separate room from the boys.

"You should have called when you arrived." 

Scolded your father as he stood by your hospital bedside. In the end, you weren't admitted from having any injuries from the attack you dodged with your life. Instead, you were admitted due to a high fever that Enji can quickly guess the reason for it.

"I'm sorry..." you mumbled with your head low.

Your father was quick to scold you for being reckless to simply walking up to the infamous Hero Killer while he was letting so much killing intent. 

You were quick to assure him that despite his intimidating demeanor and the pressure he gave off. The man was too injured to be able to fight everyone properly. He begrudgingly assisted you in laying the man in preparation for the ambulance to arrive.

Though...

"Miss..." A woman walked up to the girl with a thankful gaze sweeping her face. You were confused since you never saw this woman before but before you can ask her, she grasped your hands out of nowhere and wept with tears of joy.

"Thank you!" she suddenly sobbed causing your face to erupt in red out of embarrassment. "I cannot thank you enough..."

With a nervous smile, you spoke to her gently. "I'm s-sorry ma'am... I don't know what I did that could have you thank me so much..." Looking at you with amused glossy eyes she said.

"If it weren't for you, my son and I wouldn't be able to get away from the villain," she said beside her was a little boy his forehead bandaged with a square Band-Aid.

He and Shōtō got quite a surprise when they realized that you were present in one of the Nomu's attacks and would have gotten seriously hurt if it weren't for the hero you were able to recognize laying on the hospital bed.

Enji himself with you personally went over to his room. Shocking a few years out of him when the no. 2 hero nodded at him.

"I thank you for saving my daughter," he said in a deep gruff voice. He had the poor man sweating under his intense gaze. 

"I-Its fine! I promise you, I-I'm just doing my job!" stuttered the white-haired man. Noticing his distress you smiled at your father before slowly pushing him out of the room.

"Go on and do the important stuff you always do after hero work!" you told him with a chirp. "I want to talk with Mister a little bit."

Narrowing his eyes at you Enji muttered in a tone that the hero mistook as anger. "You better sleep early and not go anywhere else." on the other hand you laughed off his worry with a large grin. 

"You worry too much! It's fine, I'm in the hospital so I shouldn't be allowed to leave without your permission." knowing that was true he gave in heaving a deep sigh. After giving you a pointed look Enji left after patting weakly over your head confusing you mildly but you honestly didn't mind.

"Your da sure loves you...!" the hero stuttered out awkwardly still recovering from his shock. "Yeah," you let out a small bitter laugh before looking over to the hero, lost and unsure.