Chapter 11: What's Wrong

[Whoops sorry for not posting this before the other one!]

The day passed on like normal, unlike the big activities you overhear the hero course partake of, the creations the support course do and learn. Your class was pretty basic, exploring all the other courses that you'd normally get in a school that wasn't a major in heroics.

But it did upset some students in the class since most of them wanted to participate in the hero course, but with only two classes for the course, the news wasn't kidding when the rate of students actually passing the exams was low.

Still many other students in the course are actually not really planning to go to the hero course.

So it was really quite a surprise to you as you observed your classmates. You thought that everyone here wanted to go to the hero course but finding out there are people with a different goals in mind was refreshing.

"Wait so, why enroll in UA if they didn't really want to go in the hero course?" You asked Tomodaichi who hummed in thought.

"I guess that there's some ambition of wanting to be a hero. But the teachers here are pretty good too anyways, I think they liked the idea of the kind of 'freedom' this school seemed to be famous for."

"Ah... I guess that makes sense..." You mumble

"Plus, graduating from UA gives you a good reputation when looking for a job!" She added with an excited grin.

"Is that so?" You nervously chuckle watching the blonde nod as her purple-colored eyes sparkle in ambition. "I am gonna be a model as a side job, but if I become a hero that will give me a boost in popularity and I will get known in the media more!" she squealed.

Another set of purple eyes squint at the blonde girl's words before rolling his eyes away from the girl to the Pinkett.

"How about you, Todoroki-chan?"

"Me? Uh well..." you nervously laugh fiddling with the collar of your uniform "It's not really that ambitious..."

"What's it about? Tell me!!"

You flinched at the obnoxious girl but couldn't help but smile at her cheery attitude "I wanted to join the hero course to follow my brother." you told her with a small smile.

"Eh?" Tomodaichi blinks in amusement before laughing along with her friends who joined you "I thought that it would be something cheesy or heroic!"

"Well, my dad always pushes my brother to be a really strong hero," you explained "I just wanted to join in so he won't have to deal with it alone. Plus he told me to join the hero course with him."

"Well, you couldn't get in the course that's for sure!" Giggles Tomodaichi making you shrug bashfully, feeling your chest swell a bit before fading.

"Oh well," Tomodaichi's friend slings an arm around your shoulder patting your back "nobody is perfect. Not everyone can be major big shots! Some are just meant to bite the dust."

"Well, my sister said that you just have to work really hard if you really want it." The girl giggled pinching your cheeks and patting your head making you shy.

"Todoroki-chan, you're so cute, but there's more that than just working hard!" Tomodaichi chuckle.

"Oh, I see..."

"Todoroki," you perk and saw Shinsō by the door calling you over "the teacher is calling us to do something..."

"Okay!" you told before smiling to the girls "excuse me."

"Sure."

"Go do good girl things!"

"See you later Todoroki-chan," Tomodaichi wave to you as you exit the classroom before laughing with the other girls "so what do you girls think?"