Chapter 56: Danger in Hosu

"Shoto, I've arrived in Hosu.

You sent the message to him. Now you're wondering how are you able to send a message to someone with the same number?? Well, it was this funny gimmick you made and it worked. You'd just send it so yourself.

Though obviously, Shoto and You would sign the message with a nickname. His was 'Snowflake' and yours was 'Birdie'. You don't know why he gave you such an unrelated nickname but he did say that you always had a chirp in your tone whenever you're happy.

'Now that I think about it... It actually sounded like he was making fun of me a bit...' you thought taking the handle of your bag as you walked up the stairs. 'But he was so stoic I didn't actually think much of it...' you thought with a light laugh staring at the night lights of the town with a smile.

'I ended up sightseeing before I sent the text... I hope they aren't mad that I was a little rebellious tonight...' you thought with a worried look as you walked around window shopping at the stuff you don't normally see when you go to school.

'Father's agency is not even here, so why would they be in Hosu?' you thought 'Maybe a joint hero work?'

Before you could think about it seriously, you felt an ominous chill run down your spine. It had you rubbing your shoulders to gain back your warmth but it did nothing and instead only increased in intensity.

Its as if something is approaching--

BOOOM!!!

A loud explosion set itself right by the car where you once stood. Your face paled as the chill left your spine finally. It was then you realized that you unconsciously dodged the explosion before it even set off.

'Is this a villain attack?'

You worriedly thought your eyes dilated as they met with the lack of eyes of what you could say was a large dark-skinned 'man' with tan torn up pants. What had you grimacing was the sight of the brain sticking out of his head.

But the sight alone didn't scare you. It was also the screaming aura they had inside them. One that screamed with pain and power. Yet the aura feels so plastic as if it was artificially made. It's like nothing you've ever felt before.

You were brought back when the 'man' gave out an animal-like bellow. With its arms raised up aimed for your smaller form still on the ground, you felt yourself pushing your body to counter but...

"Be careful when you use your quirk, (Y/N). Remember, you're not allowed to use your quirk in public without permission or supervision."

Shoto's words from long before when you were young echoed in your mind. It had you faltering as the two large hands as if in slow motion start to swing at you. 

You felt your lids closing in helplessness when they widen as a thought cross your mind. 

"Don't just let yourself be helpless just because of a couple of rules. Be ready to defend yourself without any hesitation. No one will blame you if all you do is self-defense." the light-haired male smirk over to you.

'Defend myself...! What are you doing (Y/N)!? Move!!!

Flashes of determination gave life to your eyes. Bringing your hands up, water formed from the air shot at the unknown 'male' with the pressure of the liquid you pinned him to the ground, roaring, and quickly hardened the water before yelling at the people who were still frozen in shock.

"Run now!"

Was the powerful voice you didn't think you could ever produce. But it was enough for the frozen bystanders to run away. Through their frantic and domestic auras, you can feel more firm and matured ones running in your direction, a happy smile graced your lips at the thought.