Chapter 10: Familiar Faces

You took out a handkerchief from one of your pockets and sneezed again into the fabric. 'Strange... I am sneezing a lot recently. I must be overexerting myself?'

"Achoo..!"

"Are you overexerting yourself?" You gasp accidentally biting on your tongue making you recoil with a whimper. "S-Shōtō... You're here?" you curiously looked at your brother who came back from the cafeteria.

"Of course, I came to check on your progress." your brother said taking his seat beside you handing you a tray of food that he bought from the cafeteria. "Here, even if you're training, you must never skip meals."

"Right... Of course" You smile softly setting down the plant and took the tray. "Thank you, Shōtō"

"You don't need to thank me, (Y/N)... It's part of my duty as your brother." He softly spoke stroking your hair in a comforting way. You smiled at the feeling and relaxed yourself letting your quirk wander.

"But," he started making you look at him "you got snuck up on twice."

'Twice? So he saw me talk to... that guy I don't know the name of?' You worriedly look at him, but he wasn't looking at you and just paid more attention to his meal or the window before you two.

"I wasn't paying attention, I was more focused on training..."

"Excuses," Shōtō cut in making you flinch at his seriousness "no matter what, you shouldn't let your guard down. Your quirk helps you more with that. It helps you sense energy sources around you. So you shouldn't even come up with excuses or you won't survive in UA."

"Yes, brother... I am sorry..." you mumble stuffing a spoonful in your mouth "I'll make sure it won't happen again..."

"I know you will," the boy comment in confidence surprising you. "You don't get deterred by what anybody says. I know you will make it to the hero course in no time."

His words made you smile brightly and blush madly but still, you wave dismissively "That's not true!" was what you try to say but the male only told you not to be so modest and be confident in yourself and your quirk.

'Ah, but what you said is not true at all... People's words do get to me...' a figure standing behind you both looked at you two with slight interest in his blue eyes but still frowned deeply without a word he silently left the two to themselves deciding to eat in a more quieter place.

'I just can't show how much it bothered me... Then again... I may not notice such emotions anyway...'

[--]

"Thank you for volunteering to take this to the teachers, Toto-chan!" You blankly stared at a small group of classmates who all practically begged you to take the large stack of books to the teacher's lounge for some 'odd' reason. Each giving an excuse as to why they can't. Since the class representative isn't going to be nominated till later this afternoon, it could be any body for now. 

With a small smile, you agreed and head off. Though for some reason you keep getting worried or surprised stares, it made you confused but you instead decided to ignore it.

I mean, what's wrong with carrying a towering stack of books to the teacher's room?

'I can't see but this is a good chance to use my quirk to navigate around...' you happily thought walking down the hall. Dodging and maneuvering around the students of the other classes.

You were doing rather well actually. The stairs were just up ahead after that was the level the teachers lounge is located at, you wouldn't have any more problems once you conquer the stairs.