Chapter 30: The Cavalry Has Commenced! (2)

"My name is Monoma, nice to meet you, (Y-/-N)!~" 

Shinso glared at the blonde. He didn't like how 'Monoma' sang your first name in such a disrespectful way. And the balls he had to suddenly call you such! Shinso refused to call your first name, even if you allowed him to until he knew you enough to properly respect you.

"You--"

"Not yet!" you quickly interrupted moving backward urging the boys to follow suit.

"But--"

"Once they know, you'll never get to fool them twice, save it!" You barked an order shocking the male to how authoritative you sound. It sent a shiver down both males' spine.

Even Monoma's teammates felt intimidated by the look in your eyes. Still, he didn't let his smirk fall, "How scary…! Like that Bakugo guy that you spoke with. He's pretty famous you know, I can understand you wanting to get to know him."

His words brought you to a halt. It sent a shocking jolt in you making it hard to breathe. He notices your body freezing so he continued delighted with the outcome, "Wanting to hitch on the ride down the road of fame. It seems fun, huh? Your little title actually made it to our class so fast that it had me curious just who you were."

"But when I found out it was, zero-pointer dummy?" Monoma let out a laugh mocking you. "I almost thought you were a whole different person now, but no..."

"You are just as dumb as the first time I met you."

Hearing the memory of your failure made the colors drain from my face. 'That was stupid of me, wasn't it?' You trembled under his dangerously glinted eyes 'I know, I should have listened more properly… that's my mistake! I'm sorry… I know I am a stupid idiot!'

You blinked trying to get the tears out of your eyes, but then you saw him. His red hair flicker in the wind and glistening eyes shocked you to your core.

Sudden butterflies started to wildly flap in your stomach till they turn into a feeling of crows peck on the wall of your stomach. Your breath hitched as you suddenly felt nauseous and weak in the knees. Your lips trembled as the image flicker from the large coliseum to a burning room.

'It can't be him...' A weak whimper escaped from your lips falling into the ears of a bicolored hair male.

"To--"

"(Y/N)!" Shinso quickly warns alerting you of the drop in temperature. You exclaim in surprise recovering yourself as you moved the group back dodging the ice spikes that erupted from the ground. "Let's get out of here, Todoroki's group is coming!" To his command the boys behind you started to move, urging you to retreat.

At the corner of your eye, you saw your brother. Even if you were far from each other, you can see the calming presence in his eyes and how they longed to tell you, 'it's alright'.

This made a strained smile broke out onto your lips and you quickly lead your group away.

"Monoma! It's too risky to continue, we have to go!" His brown-haired classmate, Tsuburaba, called out making him click his tongue. "Fine, it's about time that we greet a certain someone." Defeat heavy in his throat, Monoma lead his team away from the approaching bicolored male.

Seeing that the job was done, Iida halted in his steps. "...Thank you for letting me do this irrelevant decision." Shōtō mutter to his classmates who watch the two teams retreat in seperate directions.

"You are related to her, aren't you, Todoroki?" His female classmate asked him.

"Yes, Yaoyorozu. Iida. Kaminari. Thank you once again." the said people looked at him, noticing a slightly softer look in his eyes before they hardened again. "I just couldn't bear to watch someone bully my younger twin."