Chapter 98

Chapter Ninety Eight

Richard's shocking words had put everyone in a grim, foul, ready-to-kill mood.

Sebastian had reassured the man that it wasn't possible, and that even if it was possible he was safe and well-protected.

It had taken a good ten minutes to calm everyone down, but after that we'd made our way to the kitchen to resume the meeting, myself and Horst and Donny, the green-haired guy, included.

However, the first thing I noticed about the kitchen was that the table had been destroyed, chairs had been ripped to pieces, and there were insane dents in the walls and cabinets. Pieces of broken furniture crunched under Sebastian's boots as he led me inside by the hand, but my heart palpitated when he turned and lifted me off the ground by the waist.

"Whoa," I hummed, blinking as he easily carried me across the pieces of wood and set me down on top of the kitchen counter; his hands came to rest on either side of my thighs as he leaned down, setting his forehead on my shoulder and letting out a deep, irritable sigh. 

Concern crept through me as everyone else filed in behind him, including Horst, Jak, the rest of the Derkshire pack, and the other faces I was more familiar with. However, the one face I didn't see was Jun's and I felt an odd feeling slide into my stomach, closing my throat.

Sebastian lifted a hand and slid it across the hoodie covering my thin frame, rubbing my back in a single smooth stroke beneath my disheveled hair until the hot skin of his palm found the nape of my aching neck. I still didn't know why I'd been bleeding, didn't know what had cut me.

"Tonight," he murmured into my ear, abruptly catching my lobe between his teeth; I twitched, shoulders bunching up as he licked the flesh he'd caught, then let go and kissed it. "Tonight, things are going to be a little intense. This situation... I am not sure what is happening, but I do not think that Richard is correct. I have a feeling that something bigger is happening."

"Like what?" I asked, but he pulled away and looked at me intensely. 

"Red told us about what's been happening to you," he hissed, squeezing my nape with a flash of accusatory irritation. "Why didn't you tell me, in depth, about these feelings you were having?"

"I tried," I rasped. "Remember? I told you about the dreams, the feelings I was having when I started remembering them, and I even mentioned that I felt like someone was in the cabin with me."

"You did," he said slowly, gritting his teeth; eyes flashed yellow. "Is it... still happening?"

"Yes," I reluctantly admitted. "I still occasionally feel like I'm being watched... or, like someone is suddenly standing behind me out of nowhere, maybe even touching me... and..."

I trailed off with a violent shiver, recalling with a terrible flash those eyes... those wide, soulless red eyes looking at me from a formless face... formless.

Formless?

A sharp flash of pain went through my head and I winced, squeezing my left eye shut to alleviate the pressure as a flickering image went through my head. Formless... a shadow? 

A face? 

Eyes? 

Eyes... why did thinking of the word eyes always make me feel so uneasy? Why did it make me so nervous, and sad, and upset?

What the hell was happening to me? 

Do these visions have to do with my missing memories? I dazedly wondered, rubbing my throbbing temple. What happened to me during the month I disappeared? If Jasper was really the person who turned me into a vampire, why are all these flashes so awful? If he was like me, if he was a good person that someone like Sebastian could love so deeply, why do these memories make me feel so afraid? I just... I don't get it. Something just isn't adding up.