Military man

He stayed propped up on his elbow sliding his fingers along Taes bare back watching the goosebumps spread across his skin. He could still picture the deep bruises that marred his perfect skin. The shallow breathes when he laid on the pavement. He felt the tears sting his eyes as he tried not to let them fall.

"You stopped rubbing." Tae grumbled.

"Sorry sweetness. Does it still hurt?" He asked as he started gently pushing his fingers into Taes back again.

"Only a little. Just normal, water tried to kill me, ache now." Tae shifted his head to look at Jeongguk.

"Next time I say hey lets do this extreme sport remind me of this moment."

Jeongguk laughs kissing Taes shoulder. "No problem Kitten. To be fair I told you you were leaning too much."

"Yeah yeah. Not all of us grew up going on trips to tropical places." Tae groaned. "Keep rubbing mister."

"Yes, your highness." Jeongguk fake bowed next to him.

"Want to tell me what you were thinking when you stopped rubbing?" Tae asked reaching out and laying his hand on Jeongguks thigh.

"You breathe so well." He said quietly resting his hand across Taes back and just feeling him breathing.

"Cant take a ton of credit for an involuntary function my brain makes me do. Thanks though." Tae giggled.

"You couldn't breathe. When I found you." He whispered almost stopping himself from saying it at all.

Taes body tensed suddenly. He knew that eventually Jeongguk would want to, no have to, talk about what happened. He had held off for so long only speaking about it when Tae wanted and it was usually Jeongguk assuring him that he was safe and he wouldn't let anything happen to him.

"I .. I don't remember you finding me so.. I don't remember what my breathing was like."

"Slow. Hardly a breath. I watched them move you and I was so scared the emt's would injure you more."

"Sometimes people who are in extreme pain that is exacerbated by breathing unconsciously experience hypoventilation. My body recognized the pain and took shallow breathes. Im sorry I scared you." Tae shifted so that he was on his side looking at Jeongguk.

"Im sorry that you were alone and hurt."

"It wasn't your fault Hyungie. You warned me to have valet park my car and have a escort. I was being stubborn. The only one to blame is him." Tae moved in closer curling into his side.

"Can i ask what made you think all this?" Tae asked after a moment.

"When you fell into the water.." He gulped picturing Tae gasping for air.

"Knocked the wind right out of me." Tae chuckled.

"Yeah, it scared the shit out of me." He mumbled.

"Happens to a lot of people Kookie." Tae tries to calm his mind. "Its the diaphragm basically seizing up. I was fine, just a bit winded for a couple minutes."

"Id give you all my breath if i could." Guk rested his for head to the side of Taes and kissed his ear. "I wanted to. Give you my body so you didnt have to feel pain."

"I felt the same when you had surgery." Tae hummed in satisfaction as Jeongguks fingers began to lazily skim his skin.

"I love this." He said resting against the head board and pulling Tae over his legs then continuing his fingers path across his back.

"Mmm nothing beats the feeling of someone dragging their finger tips on your skin."

"Just anyone huh?" Guk laughed when Tae hit his thigh.