home safe

Jeongguk opened the door and carefully closed it behind him, trying not to wake anyone that might be there.

His chest stung with every breath he took but it was the last thing on his mind.

Taehyung.

His name played over and over in his head. Like a chant he was reciting from the second they were ambushed.

"Jeongguk?" He looks up from placing his wallet on the table and sees Namjoon staring at him.

"Hey Nam. Thought it was just Jimin here." He chuckles and dropped his bag on the ground. Namjoon walked right up to him and hugged him like he hadn't seen him in years. "ahh ahh." He panted.

"Shit, sorry!" Nam backed off grabbing Guks shoulders inspecting his whole body. "We all showed up when you said you were on your way. No one told Tae though, in case you got hung up."

"Where is he?" He asked looking hopefully at his brother.

"Your room. Sleeping. With their little subgroup." Nam chuckled.

"Man I know my bed is big but I didn't realize it could fit four grown people in it." He kicked off his shoes and held his ribs. "Where are the.. Guys?" He chuckled and Nam smiled.

"Living room. How many?" Nams smile dropped.

"which question are we asking right now?" he winces trying to take off his jacket.

"Which one is relevant?" Nam asked leaning against the wall next to him.

"All of them I guess. Got shot twice. Both in the vest so im as good as I can be. Shot more than two people not in their vest. Severely injured one guy." Guk sighs. 

"Scared this time?"

"Substantially more frightened this time. More so because I had to get back for him. He didn't sign up for this bit. I told him we could be called up for active stuff at any time but I made it sound like its less likely. I didn't realized that this time would be us. I thought since I went in last year."

"Yeah. Just tell him the truth. You don't get orders until you show up."

  "Right. I am going to go get my baby. How many people do I have to get through?" He smirked.

"None. He insists on no one sleeping on your side unless its him."

Guk groaned and made his way, limping slightly, to his room. 

He opened the door and looked to his bed laughing quietly to himself at the tangle of bodies. He shook his head and made his way to Tae. 

Taehyung. 

"Sweetness." He whispered leaning down close to Taes ear, brushing his bright red hair from his face. "Hey kitten."

"mm stay." Tae mumbled.

"Taehyung.. wake up baby." 

Tae rubbed his eyes and squinted against the light coming from the bathroom. When his eyes finally focused he looked into the most beautiful eyes hed ever seen.

"KOOKIE!!" Tae nearly yelled grabbing Jeongguks face and kissing him. "Youre really here!"

"Shhh." He chuckled and gasped when Taes arms squeezed around his ribs. "Oo baby. Little injured here."

"Oh god hyungie, Your face!" Tae whisper yelled at him. 

"Come on kitten. Come with me." He tugged Taehyung up out of the bed trying to keep from waking up everyone else. Tae followed him out of the room and they headed to Taes study.