64. revitalization

It was morning by the time I was awoken by Bellamy. He was crouched in front of me, lightly shaking my arm.

My eyes slowly opened, immediately being met with his. He gave me a smile as I rubbed my tired eyes, "What's going on?" I asked, sitting up and facing the centre of the room, seeing that everything was still okay with Lincoln.

Bellamy stood to his full height, nodding towards the hatch to the lower level, "I think they're back." he explained, referring to the footsteps that we could hear from down below.

I let out a small groan as I pushed myself up onto my feet just as the hatch opened, Finn's head poking through from the ladder. I let out a small sigh of relief at the sight of my brother. Having him with me always calmed me slightly.

"Thank God." Octavia breathed as Abby followed Finn up into the upper level. "Where's Clarke?" she questioned when the blonde headed girl didn't make an appearance.

Finn sighed as his eyes flickered towards Nyko for a moment, "Trying to stop a war."

My brother looked over at me, our eyes meeting for a brief moment before I tore mine away, placing them on Lincoln who was shivering uncontrollably, his body drenched in a cold sweat.

Abby stared down at him, a clear sense of being overwhelmed clouded her face. She didn't know what to do, and that scared me.

We all took a small step back as she knelt beside Lincoln, lifting her hand to peel open one of his eye lids.

She clearly didn't like what she saw, as her face fell into a frown, "Pupils are non responsive." she announced, causing all of us to share worried glances.

"Tie off his arm," Abby instructed Octavia, who instantly began doing what she said, "Tight as you can."

Once Lincoln's arm was tied off, Abby reached into the bag of supplies she had brought with her, "Thanks to the supplies your brother found," she started as she pulled out a bottle of some kind of medicine and a syringe, "Lincoln might have a chance."

"What is that?" Octavia asked, as she watched Abby fill the syringe.

"It's to bring down his fever." She explained as she grabbed a hold of his arm, sticking the needle into it.

The minute it made contact with his skin, Lincoln began to thrash around.

"Hold him down!" Abby ordered. Finn, Octavia and I rushed to keep him steady as Abby attempted to insert the needle again. Lincoln's groans filled the air as she pumped whatever it was into his veins.

He let out a pained grunt before he went completely still. I let out a shaky breath as I looked back down at Lincoln, "What happened?" I questioned, noticing he wasn't moving at all.

"I thought you said that was supposed to help." Octavia exclaimed.

Abby reached forward, placing two of her fingers on Lincoln's neck. "He has no pulse."

Octavia's face fell as Abby began compressions. I stood up, beginning to pace the room as Abby gave instructions to Nyko on how to help. I knew that if we lost Lincoln, not only would Octavia be devastated, but we would have a war on our hands that we had no way to stop.

My pacing stopped when Octavia's voice cut into the quiet room, "You're stopping...what's wrong."

I turned to see that Abby, had indeed stopped compressions. A somber look covered her face as she sat back on her heels. "I'm sorry," she whispered, not daring to meet Octavia's eyes, "He's gone."

Tears pooled in Octavia's eyes as she shook her head, "No, that's not possible. You're wrong!" she yelled as she pushed Abby aside, taking over compressions herself.

Bellamy and I shared a look of concern as we both approached Octavia. Bellamy knelt beside her as I stood behind him. Sadness coursing through my veins at the sight of my best friend in so much pain.

"Come on!" she pleaded through tears as she continued pumping his chest, "Please."

It was at that moment that the hatch door swung open, and Clarke climbed up the ladder. Upon her entrance, she instantly noticed the state Lincoln was in and fear covered her face. She met eyes with her mother who gave her a small shake of her head.

Octavia's sobs still filled the air as the Commander followed after Clarke, a few of her guards following behind her.

My heart rate sped up at the sight of the Grounders. Finn moved closer to me as several looks were exchanged within the room. No one said a word but they were all thinking the same thing.

Bellamy slowly reached for his gun that laid beside him, as the Grounders slowly reached for their swords.

The Commander gave a small nod to the woman beside her, some sort of signal because at that moment, the woman spoke, "Kill them all!"

In a split second, all weapons had been drawn and we were in the middle of a stand off. Finn pulled me close to him, as he took a small step back. We were outnumbered. Only Bellamy had a gun, and besides that, the only weapon we had was the electric prod in Abby's hand.

"Please." Clarke pleaded with the Grounders, "You don't have to do this."

"You lied." The Commanded spit through gritted teeth, "And you're out of time."

Abby's eyes were flickering nervously between the Commanded and Lincoln. Before I even had a chance to wonder what she was doing, she turned and quickly rammed the prod onto Lincoln's chest, sending an electric shock through his body.

My eyes were wide as I watched his body arch up upon the electricity coming in contact with his body. As the surge of electricity stopped, Clarke spoke. "Hit him again."

Abby did as her daughter said, pressing the prod to Lincoln's chest once more. As the second surge of electricity went through his body, his eyes sprung open and the sound of him gasping filled the room.

"Oh my God." I whispered as I took a few steps forward, "It worked."

The Grounders were in shock as the stared down at Lincoln.

Octavia scrambled to his side, letting out a small cry of happiness as he looked over at her. "Lincoln." she whispered.

After a brief moment, he spoke, "Octavia."

Relief flooded my body. He was alive, and he was Lincoln again. At this, the Grounders re-sheathed their weapons as the Commanded and Clarke shared a brief look.

I didn't know what this meant for sure, but all I could hope for at this moment was that it meant we weren't going to war.