The teachers and the start of horror

YN comes back after the two hours and sees that Benedict has definitely exerted himself. He is sweating profusely and breathing hard. That is not to say Eva and Ana aren't. They have also managed to tire themselves to the same extent.

YN: How are you doing Benedict? I hope you aren't too tired.

Benedict: While it was exciting father, I feel that I could collapse at any moment.

YN: That's perfectly normal. After any fight with a worthy opponent a warrior should be tired. However, if you want to diminish that effect you should do more cardio.

Benedict: Thank you for the advice.

YN: (to Eva and Ana) How was he?

Eva: He is marvelous. His combat prowess could give any human a run for their money.

Ana: With a little training he could be stronger than a space marine.

YN: That is wonderful news. (turns to Benedict) Benedict, run along now and get changed into your indoor clothes, meet me by the west drawing room. You still have one more class.

Benedict: Yes father.

Benedict then goes to his room and gets changed into his indoor clothes.

YN: Your next class will be literature, You will learn about literature, especially the classics. In addition to poetry.

YN opens the door and they both go inside. The first thing Benedict notices is the rather bubbly, and informal, teacher.

Miho: Hey there, you must be Benedict! (goes up and gives Benedict a big hug) Aren't you just the cutest thing. My name is Miho Sakawo, but you can just call me Miho

 My name is Miho Sakawo, but you can just call me Miho

Benedict: (To YN) She is rather informal.

YN: She is, but she comes highly recommended.

At that moment another woman walks into the room.

Lana: Miho, stop hugging Benedict, he doesn't know you yet.

Miho: You're no fun Lana.

Lana: I'm fun when it is warranted. Anyway (turns to Benedict) My name is Lana Gottimer and I will be teaching you the classics. My coworker Miho, will be your singing teacher.

YN: I see that Benedict is in good hands. I shall return in two hours when the class is finished.

YN then leaves the room and Benedict sits down in one of the many high backed chairs that line the walls.

Miho: What would you rather start with literature or with poetry.

Benedict: If it isn't too much trouble could we start with poetry?

Miho: Wonderful, let's start with a nice German poem.

They both read the poem and Miho recites it before Benedict recites it perfectly.
Auf dem See

Und frische Nahrung, neues Blut
Saug ich aus freier Welt:
Wie ist Natur so hold und gut,
Die mich am Busen hält!

Die Welle wieget unsern Kahn
Im Rudertakt hinauf,
Und Berge, wolkig himmelan,
Begegnen unserm Lauf.

Aug, mein Aug, was sinkst du nieder?
Goldne Träume, kommt ihr wieder?
Weg, du Traum! so gold du bist:
Hier auch Lieb und Leben ist.

Auf der Welle blinken
Tausend schwebende Sterne,
Weiche Nebel trinken
Rings die türmende Ferne;

Morgenwind umflügelt
Die beschattete Bucht,
Und im See bespiegelt
Sich die reifende Frucht.

(for those of you who do not speak German, here is a translation)

On the Lake

And I draw in fresh sustenance,
New blood from the untrammeled world:
How gracious and generous is nature,
Who holds me to her bosom!

The wave sways our boat
To the rhythm of the oars,
And mountains, nebulously reaching for heaven,
Meet our course.

Eye of mine, why are you downcast?
Golden dreams, have you returned?
Away dream, golden though you are:
Here, too, there are love and life.

A thousand hovering stars twinkle on the wave,
Soft mists drink the towering horizon around us,
The morning breeze flutters over the shaded bay,
And the lake reflects the ripening fruit.

Miho: Wonderful, absolutely wonderful!

Lana: Far better than most native speakers.

Benedict: Thank you, your sweet words are indeed that, sweet.

They practice poetry for the remainder of the hour and then after that they read the Iliad for the remainder of the class. At the end of the class YN comes back and the first thing Benedict asks him is rather odd.

Benedict: Father, is Agamemnon, my military history teacher, named after the Spartan king in the Iliad?

YN: I believe he is, you can ask him next time you see him. Anyway, that is the end of schooling for today. I think that I am going to take Erika for a walk in the village, do you want to come?

Benedict: Do cardinals wear silly hats?

YN then calls for Erika and he puts his leash on her and Benedict puts his jackboots on and attaches his officer's dirk, just as YN fits his officer's sword. Like father like son.

For those of you who don't know, a dirk is a long thrusting dagger. It is more a ceremonial weapon than one for combat, although it could just as easily be used in combat.

They then go into town and they sit outside a nice traditional bakery. Benedict, just like YN, loves elephant ear cookies. It is due to that fact that they partake in the aforementioned elephant ear cookies.

For the young Benedict life couldn't be better, his father and mother are the most powerful beings known to man. He has nothing to worry about, his home is secure and with a small army of guards, maids, and other caretakers. His education taken care of by the best teachers in the Imperium. He has nothing to worry about. Well, he would have nothing to worry about if a machine gun didn't break the quiet.

YN barely had enough time to shield Benedict with his own body before a grenade went off. YN was injured but Benedict was ok. YN pulled himself to his feet and saw three white fang soldiers standing in front of him. They were armed with guns, he only with his sword. They were armored, he was not. Yet they were still terrified. YN was incandescent with rage. He drew his sword and cleaved off their arms before letting Erika eat their bodies while they still lived. Civilians were running through the streets, away from a horde of white fang soldiers. YN proceeded to charge the white fang soldiers and he butchered them. His cuts were intended to cause the maximum pain while keeping them alive. When the screaming stopped, two hundred white fang soldiers lay dead or dying and a large part of Hisilburg was burning. It was then YN swore a war of extermination upon the white fang and their followers, none would be spared, death would visit the old, sick, and children in the same form that it would meet the able bodied, at the point of a bayonet, chain sword, or fire.

The eternal war had started again!