Build a city? No problem!

This is to clarify the relationships between the inner circle because this will get confusing.

Gangele likes Moss and Speer. He is neutral towards Heisser but he dislikes Grey because of that incident a while back.

Moss likes Gangele, Heisser. He is neutral towards Speer but he dislikes Grey for the same reason as Gangle.

Grey dislikes everyone except Speer. He dislikes Moss and Heydrich because they all have similar jobs so they constantly jockeying for power.

Speer likes Gangele because he sort of works for him, he likes Heisser because they are drinking buddies and because they help each other with work. He is neutral towards Moss and Grey

Heisser likes Moss because he sort of works for him, he likes Speer because they are drinking buddies and because they help each other with work. He is neutral towards Gangele but he dislikes Grey because he undermined his application process.

Now for the beginning of the chapter

YN, Emily, Benedict, and Gangele in addition to Moss, Grey, Speer, and Heisser are in the situation room sitting around a table with a few guards at the door.

YN: Gentlemen, we are going to create a new city, a capital city for Remnant.

Moss: Create a hive city? No problem.

Gangele: Maybe no but technically yes.

Moss: When I say no problem I mean, no, problem... Ignore me.

AN: Guess what that is a reference to.

YN: It won't be a hive city. It will be a more conventional one.

Emily: Where are we going to build it then? It would require a vast amount of space.

YN: We will build it in Atlas. Land is both empty and plentiful. I want it to be built one hundred and fifty miles from the lands of the White Palace.

Speer: With all due respect your majesty, the land is empty because it is too cold for anything to grow.

YN: We are building a city, not a farm. I intend for it to be the political and economic center for the planet and maybe even the sector. It will be a glittering metropolis. It will be far enough from the White Palace for it to still be private, but close enough so I can go into the city at any point.

Benedict: Father, the planet is still recovering after the construction of the White Palace and the revitalization of Menagerie, there is precious little that we can levy if you wish to maintain the current situation.

Emily: However, we could levy a tax on nearby planets controlled by the Imperium.

Speer: That would provide a nearly limitless amount of resources for the project. Money wouldn't be an issue and we could make the whole thing in the neoclassical style yet still have the whole thing wired to an electrical system! Just think of it, a city with one hundred percent WiFi and surveillance! We could install anti criminal and homeless measures in addition to battling obesity with uncompromising and unwavering edicts! We could create a public school system that works! That would battle illiteracy and make good citizens! It is a civic planner's dream! (Starts drooling and fantasizing) Your Majesty, with your permission of course, may I start surveying the land?

YN: Grab your kit, daughter, and assistants, a thunderhawk is ready to go!

Speer bows before bolting out of the room.

YN: Gangele, You are going to make sure that the supplies and equipment are shipped in enough quantity, I want this built within two years.

Gangele: We built the White Palace within a year, give us a year and a half.

YN: I'll hold you to that. Grey, Heisser, You are going to round up all of the prisoners on Remnant and a good deal of those in system. We will need a huge labor force.

Grey: Consider it done your majesty.

They then grab their things and board a thunderhawk.

YN: Moss, you will go to all of the planetary governors in the system and levy a tribute to help construct the palace. We need as much as we can get our hands on.

Moss: It is as good as done.

Moss picks up the letter and boards his thunderhawk.

The next week is just civic planners, designers, and architects running around and planning the city that YN wants.

Meanwhile with Speer.

Speer: You sure as hell can't beat the view

Speer: You sure as hell can't beat the view. It's cold, but at least I have an excuse for wearing my parka.

Snow: And I do too!

Speer: And you look lovely in it.

They are taking measurements and they plan to build around the lake and to set up a ferry service that runs across the lake. They quickly assemble a prefab building and await the arrival of the builders.

The builders get there and immediately get to work, the buildings that surround the lake are erected after two months and the ferry service is up and running after another. They then start putting down the roadways, it has to be done in this order because the city is made on a grid pattern. The infrastructure is ready to go by the next two months. The residential district is up and running two months after the infrastructure and the government district and defense facilities two months after that.

With how the project is going they are planning to find a mayor and planetary governor sooner than they expected.

Grey: Your majesty, as the police arm of the planet I request that I am the one to take up the role of mayor or governor.
Heisser: May your majesty take into consideration that Commander Grey is not the only one in charge of the police, I am as well.

Gangele: No doubt his majesty would want a competent manager, so may I recommend myself and Speer.

Moss: The Inquisition would be more than enough to control the populace.

YN: While you are all qualified I have decided to make my son, Benedict, the governor. And as this city is my pet project, I will be the mayor.

Moss: A wonderful decision your majesty.

Gangele: I think it is prudent that we actually name the city your majesty.

YN: I have given it some thought and it will be called Saiangrad.

AN: I wonder if you can guess who the city is named after
Speer: I couldn't have come up with a better name in a million years your majesty!

YN: Anyway, how is the construction going?

Gangele: It is going well, we have enough laborers and we have enough supplies.

YN: Wonderful.

They then go to one of the livingrooms to drink brandy, play chess, and to talk about random things.