Preperations and the Wedding

Emily and YN are planning their wedding and it is going well. The venue has been chosen and it is going to be the Grand Cathedral of the White Palace. The Grand Cathedral of the White Palace, AKA the Cathedral of the Golden Eagle, is larger than St James's Palace. It is adorned with tapestries and artwork much like the rest of the White Palace but they are much more related to religion.

The protection is going to be provided by the various Palace Guard units, two thousand Astaties and two hundred members of the Inquisition. Mind you, the Inquisitors have special barracks that are more like apartments than barracks. Also, the two hundred Inquisitors would be staying to make up a new Palace Guard unit, The 332nd Inquisitorial household Guard. The two hundred Inquisitors were part of the birthday gift from Moss, the other part of his gift will be revealed shortly. Given the fact that this is such an important event, there are at least twice as many guards as where at the Imperial Ball. There are three thousand snipers and counter-snipers positioned around the Palace and they are ordered to shoot any intruders. There are also thousands of other elite soldiers in addition to the conventional palace guard.

A host of one thousand Mechanicus engineers to maintain the one thousand tanks that would be on parade. The tanks are all having two golden rings painted on the barrel to celebrate the weddings. All the soldiers in attendance have been given a commemorative medal that is inscribed with the date and a little picture of the White Palace.

The Imperial Navy is also on red alert with drop pods ready to go. They also have their fighters and fighter bombers on standby and are ready to go at a moments notice. The military bases on Remnant have also been placed on red alert to deal with any possible threat. One million anti-aircraft and anti-orbital weapons have also been placed all over Remnant in order to defend it. After all, the Imperial wedding would be a prime target for anybody.

The guest list is going to be rather small considering the circumstances. RWBY, JNPR, Coco, Velvet in addition to YN's inner circle and their families in addition to some high ranking officers.

A select few reporters and media personnel, besides the Imperial media teams, have been granted access to the ceremony. Mostly for security reasons. However, the massive parade ground in front of the Palace has been opened for one group of people, the citizens of the small town of Hisilburg, and when I say small, I mean small. There are only one thousand people there and they could easily fit on the grassy hills overlooking the parade ground with more than enough space. Most of them bring picnic blankets and baskets of food, in addition to wedding gifts for the Imperial family.

Anyway, the best chefs in the Imperium have prepared the meals and they have created a beautiful, ten-tier wedding cake. It has alternating layers of chocolate, vanilla, and red velvet with a thick coating of white icing on each of them. Double-headed eagles made out of sugar adorn the cake with gingerbread men decorated like Imperial saints towards the top, Astaties towards the middle, and guardsmen at the bottom. YN especially likes the gingerbread Krieg Guardsman. The food is lavish with delicacies from all over the Imperium, a giant lobster, roasted boar, sushi, and much much more.

The best classical musicians and orchestras have been brought from all over the Imperium. Two hundred opera singers have also been called to serve as entertainers. They have even installed a three thousand pipe organ in the cathedral for the ceremony.

YN is having a uniform made specifically for this occasion. It is a satin lined spider silk and cashmere uniform that is deep blue with red and gold trim. It opens toward the side so that more medals and decorations can be placed upon it. And when I say medals and decorations I mean a lot of medals and decorations. YN has the choice of over a thousand different medals and decorations to put on his uniform. The trousers are made in the style of riding pants and they are made of the same materials and they have a stripe running down the sides. He is also wearing Grimm leather jackboots. He also has a fancy sword hanging from his hip. He also has a gilded bolt pistol on his other hip.

Emily's wedding dress is made of conventional silk with a blend of spider silk. It also has gold embroidery and it is studded with small diamonds to make it shine. Her wedding tiara is made of gold with platinum inlay and diamonds.

Benedict is wearing a crisp heavy red cashmere coat with a satin lining. Underneath there is a wool tunic with a silk lining. Both the tunic and coat have a gold lining. The coat has epaulets and two black colored pockets on the chest. Like his father, Benedict also has a sword that is hanging from his hip. He is also wearing black riding trousers with black riding boots.

The cost of YN's uniform, Emily's dress, and Benedict's uniform is mind-boggling, one million Lien. However, a greater amount was spent making sure that the various guard units that would be stationed at the palace have suitable full dress uniforms, all of which are made especially for the occasion and the parade that would happen afterward. The dresses and suits of the guests are not cheap either, together they cost three million Lien. However, two million of the three million Lien was spent by the inner circle and their families.

The decorations were not cheap either. Huge banners don't come cheap you know. The aforementioned huge banners hang from the various balconies and a good portion of the windows. Massive marble statues of double-headed eagles are also brought in to be placed both indoors and in the Palace gardens where the reception will take place. They also purchased one million Lien worth of fireworks for the display that will happen on the night of the wedding.

AN: I'll start the wedding in the next chapter so don't worry.